EVO3 Vs GT Turbo

Status
Not open for further replies.

gayan_GT

Lifer
ok my friend and i got into a silly argument about an STD Evo3 being faster than my ep82 gt... i personally belive that an evo 3 would beat me on a 400m run but not by much... what do u guys think??? im running CT9 hybrid, and LSD. also theres been some work done on my engine head as well...

stuart

Member +
Alot of factors to take into account, reaction time, clutch control, tyre size, tyre width, surface etc etc

Look at the the factory specs and make your decision through those :)

Monkfish

Member +
Alot of factors to take into account, reaction time, clutch control, tyre size, tyre width, surface etc etc

Look at the the factory specs and make your decision through those :)

Not forgetting the Evo is 4WD and would bin the Starlet off the line everytime (Assuming the driver can drive).

Gayan, what sort of power are you running?

starbogt

Member +
only 1 way to find out mate:D Thrash him... Evo's are very quick off the line even standard you would have to have a very good setup to beat 1 (I used to have 1 so I'm not talking out of my butt). I've seen Goldenvtr beat skylines off the line so anything is possible with the right launch

gayan_GT

Lifer
well for starters the evo 3 is running std 15"rims on normal road tyres... dont know the brand though... im running ENKEI lightweight rims with michelin tyres

dantheman

Member +
no chance of the lights mate, you can launch them hard and they get to 100mph really quick but loose it after that (i had an evo 3)

you might keep up with it on the straight if it is stock, but doubt you will be able to get in front

TurboDave

Member +
The evo is going to get a good lead off the line what ever if it is launched properly and you are never going to catch back up.

Only a few tweeks on the Evo and it will be bye bye.

:)

rb69

Member +
I've had a run in with an Evo 3 in the past (on private road of course), they are quick off the line and i think would beat a GT if both are standard. But like you say, you've done a few things to you're engine so you might have a better chance. I don't know if the one i met had any engine mods. so its hard to say.

Dan3SGTE

Member +
exactly stock on stock the starlet would have no chance even rolling starts.....

Im not sure how fast your car is or what power it has, but all i can say is even rolling starts you'll need at least 170-180hp to be around with it... i'd say 200hp and your making a move.....

off the line different story obviously, but that doesnt determine power, thats traction(how quick you can get off teh line...

Evos are renound for being proper sprinters....

gedis

Member +
i had a blast with evo 3 just two nights a go and it waz very close race my car runs 246bhp it waz two of us in the car some tools in the back he waz on his own, deffo had a big fat exaust on it, other than that i could not see any more mods on evo, i have plenty of traction in my car aswell, i've coilovers, antilift plates, quafe diff, 215/45/15 toyo t1-r front tires on low presure +more
and your man in evo still got beter start as i waz expecting, i waz catching him up but very slowly, he still waz 2/3 of the car ahead when we had to brake, spent rest of the night racing itr's and other glanzas

Deano

Banned
Without a launch an evo 3 just ain't that quick my mate has a pretty stock evo 2 and he did a 14.2 second quarter mile with a launch cars lose a good second w/out a launch and 4wds lose 40% of their power through the drivetrain evos are pretty over rated same as imprezas the 0-60 time would have been with a launch and using professional drivers how many normal drivers will be able to archieve that time not many and how many people leave an evo stock none I know of and gayans car ain't stock better power to weight ratio I remember a gt starlet beating evos around the track

Last edited:

gv1.3

Admin
and 4wds lose 40% of their power through the drivetrain evos are pretty over rated same as imprezas

what a load of bollox you talk. Either a stock Evo or Subaru would piss all over your car on a straight or round a track even with a totally crap launch... add a few mods to each and they are beasts. The tuning potential for these cars is huge and with their 4WD they can put that power to use even with a non perfect driver.

Also there is a post above regarding street racing so this is now closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.