Exhaust Popping ???

racerboymx

Member +
Alright guys, got a bit of a strange one with my Glanza V, when i'm accelerating hard in 3rd or 4th gear abot 4-5k rpm, the exhaust tone changes and pops, with a slight delay in power for abot a second or two and then it just goes away and revs out fine!! It dosen't happen every time comes and goes :confused: for the winter i stripped the car back to more a less standard except filter in front bumper, cat back 2" 5' inch exhaust and by-passed solenoid....anyone have an ideas to what it mite be its driven me nuts :confused:

racerboymx

Member +
I toke the de-cat out of her and HKS FCD just before the winter cos i was trying to pick up a RRFPR but then in college so lack of monies!!! so i'm running with the standard mani and cat at the moment !!! it started to happen in the last two weeks !!

GT_Chris

Member +
I have the same problem as you mate, but mine holds back at 2-4k so i like to no what happening aswell......plus it cant be fuel cut cause ive got a HKS FCD.

racerboymx

Member +
I was thinking some thing along the lines of electrical fault because it kinda seems like something is breaking down but my plugs are perfect/ new and same with the leads I replaced the stock ones with a set of NGK Blue Racing Power Cables!! :confused:

GT_Chris

Member +
I was thinking some thing along the lines of electrical fault because it kinda seems like something is breaking down but my plugs are perfect/ new and same with the leads I replaced the stock ones with a set of NGK Blue Racing Power Cables!! :confused:

Saying that i have notices that my cable coming from the ignition coil to the dizzy cap has a slight break in it, but this has never caused a problem before.

It doesnt bother me if it hold back abit, it only does it if i floor it at low revs, if i half throttle its fine.

durmz

Member +
this happened to me last winter, but then it just stopped happening, sorry i cant help more, and im not saying its just gonna go away, i just never found out what the hell was going on i dont think, unless ive forgot lol

GT_Chris

Member +
this happened to me last winter, but then it just stopped happening, sorry i cant help more, and im not saying its just gonna go away, i just never found out what the hell was going on i dont think, unless ive forgot lol

Im thinking it could be due to cold weather then maybe?

Mine just seems to bog right down. it did it last night i was foot down and all of a shudden the turbo chattered for a split second and i didnt even left off the throttle?

just a possibility buddy,when i had my civic i got the manifold changed and when it was being done the guy who fitted it put the 2nd llamda(oxygen) sensor under the car back in but it ended up touching the shield underneath.it started shorting in2 the shield,my civic lost power when i put my foot down in low revs,took 6 weeks to find out what was causing it,so perhaps its something along those lines?llamda sensor??just a suggestion

GT_Chris

Member +
just a possibility buddy,when i had my civic i got the manifold changed and when it was being done the guy who fitted it put the 2nd llamda(oxygen) sensor under the car back in but it ended up touching the shield underneath.it started shorting in2 the shield,my civic lost power when i put my foot down in low revs,took 6 weeks to find out what was causing it,so perhaps its something along those lines?llamda sensor??just a suggestion

Good idea it could actually be the lamda sensor.......ive gutted my cat, ive got the 1st sensor in but the 2nd one which ive heard is the temp sensor isnt in, its been blocked off with a spark plug lol

racerboymx

Member +
was thinking today, why does the exhaust make a popping sound for??

good question, i got my mate to follow behind me one day to see when i floored it to see was there any flame when it was popping but just a noise!! did a google search there maybe a leaking o-ring on one of the injectors makes sence if it was sucking in air!!!

racerboymx

Member +

I had to change my lamda sensor a while back to get it through the NCT so it could actually be that but i dont think its near enough anything 2short too!!

GT_Irl

Member +
Sounds like a missfire guys:homer: Check ignition, dizzy cap, rotor arm, plugs and leads. Wouldent be fuel cut at 8psi and you would know if it was fuel cut because the engine management light comes on for a second and you nearly get thrown threw the windscreen..lol!

racerboymx

Member +
Sounds like a missfire guys:homer: Check ignition, dizzy cap, rotor arm, plugs and leads. Wouldent be fuel cut at 8psi and you would know if it was fuel cut because the engine management light comes on for a second and you nearly get thrown threw the windscreen..lol!

Yeah thankfully i haven't got up close and personnel with the windscreen at any stage :p thanks guys for your help will be home this weekend and try all your suggestions and will report back if i find the problem ;)