exhaust shop to make intercooler pipes?

monka

Member +
on an errand today i saw an exhaust shop that does custom exhaust (powerflow i beleive)

thought i could get my pipe work made up there, went in, said about what size i want etc they said it should be ok, although wasnt in my gt so couldnt get a quote, so i'm going in tomorrow morning.

would exhaust pipe be ok to use? also, the pipe they used seem rather dull, would it polish up ok ya reckon?

cheers guys

Idrees

Banned
I don't see why it won't. It'll most probably be stainless steel, and that's what many FMIC pipes are made from anyway. :)

Rory

Lifer
Expensive and heavy.

Most intercooler kits have Alloy pipeing, easy to use and lightweight also.

stainless will polish up just fine, not to bling in your face bu it certainly isnt dull.

monka

Member +
dono, will find out tomorrow. lol.

i'd buy a kit, but i want the wepr kit, which thanks to the current state of the world, is fucking expensive, and i dont like the size of coolers for sale anywhere else, also, i'd only use half the kit i paid for as i am i cant use the turbo out let pipe on the hdi kit, and the look of the autobahn kit, lol, no way

Franza1

Supermoderator & Area Reps Manager
Yep probably the only drawback would be weight. but the WEPR one i use has Stainless piping so shouldn't be major

Rory

Lifer
Monka,

The Autobahn kits are very good. they also look like any other intercooler kits out there. :confused:

jay-glanza-v

Fresh Recruit
would just buy a nice redi to fit kit mate, much easier and i wud of thort the full kit would be as cheap if not cheaper than just the piping... upto u tho mate c wat they hav to say...

monka

Member +
Monka,

The Autobahn kits are very good. they also look like any other intercooler kits out there. :confused:

they are ok, but i really dont like the way they go back across the manifold then down then back across.

call me fussy if ya want, but, i am admittedly a fussy bastard. lol.

also the gt is coming off the road tomorrow night for some other work, so i was going to rotate the turbo so its pointing downwards. have also found the core i want, only £70 quid, but if the rest of it pushes it up towards £300 quid yeah i'll just buy a kit. every one will see when i'm done. lol

monka

Member +
just modify the pipe route so it dont go over the mani?

that for me basically means a whole new hot side pipe set up, also dont like how big the coolers are, the one i'm getting is 14cm high, 6.5cm deep, and 54cm across, dont see the need in something as big as the rest