Extended Wheel Studs

Toby@ToyTuning.com

Banned - DO NOT BUY FROM TOYTUNING
Spot on Dunc, get the Greddy ones from Nengun cheapest that does them and they are stunning you won't believe they are even metal!

T

Gee

Member +
Thanks for the link.

How longer are they than the standard studs? A user that has the same Levin caliper setup as me used 63mm studs and the ones in the link are 54mm.

EDIT: + 13mm it says..this going to be long enough...what setup do you have?

chinaone

Member +
Cos my wheels are not on the correct off set, 45 something like that, which makes the wheel sites right in.
At the mo i have a 4mm spacers all round, in order for the wheel to site just above the calipers. So my rough guess for it to sit level with the car would be around 10mm.

ChrisW

Lifer
I'm now in this boat and need some extended studs for a Zep 4 pot kit.

Two questions,

I believe the Zep kit offset the wheels by 15mm, so these +13mm studs should do the job shouldn't they?

I read that the studs have to be "pressed" into the hub, what does that mean exactely? I take it isnt a DIY job?

Thanks for any help! :)

AdDaMan

Member +
im not sure about this either...i wanted to buy some spacers soon so my wheels sit out abit. was gona get some decent bolt on ones from RHD but not sure what is involved,,,,

steveep82

Member +
its an easy job, you can do it with the hubs in place on the front. What i do, is put a wheels nut (steel ans not a nice one!) on the original stud, then hammer it out from the front. I then use another whells nuts and some washers to tighten the ne stud in its place with a big breaker bar. On the rear, the easiest way is to take the rear discs off and hammer the studs out and then you can hammer the new ones in from the back.

ChrisW

Lifer
its an easy job, you can do it with the hubs in place on the front. What i do, is put a wheels nut (steel ans not a nice one!) on the original stud, then hammer it out from the front. I then use another whells nuts and some washers to tighten the ne stud in its place with a big breaker bar. On the rear, the easiest way is to take the rear discs off and hammer the studs out and then you can hammer the new ones in from the back.

Perfect, thanks for that mate, rep added!

If the front brake kit offsets the wheels by +15mm, does that mean the rears also need offsetting by +15mm?

steveep82

Member +
no you can run a wider track on the front, i tell you now though, you will be lucky to fit your wheels over the zep brakes, i run a 5mm spacer and et28 wheels to get mine to just clear, so thats 17mm over stock plus the 15mm spacer needed for the discs= 32mm wider track each corner!!! and thats just to clear the calipers!!