External wastegate Boost control!!

weakboy2

Member +
Hi there,

Just wondering whether you can control the boost the same on an external wastegate, as you can on an internal + actuator??

I have a Blitz SBC-iD dual solenoid controller.

Cheers

Lewis.

jf84

Member +
Dont think it matters mate.

They both do the same thing.

Just ones internal and ones external

weeJohn

Lifer
You can get external wastegates that have a spring in them that is set for a certain level of boost, or you can get manifold pressure controlled ones that allow you to adjust levels with a boost controller.

Franza1

Supermoderator & Area Reps Manager
Usually you have to change the setting on the boost controller to tell it that it's an external wastegate. I think the responce of an internal wastegate and external wastegate is differant so the boost controller has to treat them differant.

On the SBC ID-3 its A/G and W/G i think

weakboy2

Member +
cool, well i'm thinking of getting a tial one, but now i dont know what spring to get! as long as my controller can controll it then i guess its not a big issue

monka

Member +
are they controlled like normal?

ie, if you set an adjustable actuator to 0.8 bar, you can turn it up to 1bar using the controller, if i had an external with a 0.8bar spring, is then i can turn it up to 1 bar using the controller?

goldenvtr

Member +
are they controlled like normal?

ie, if you set an adjustable actuator to 0.8 bar, you can turn it up to 1bar using the controller, if i had an external with a 0.8bar spring, is then i can turn it up to 1 bar using the controller?

yup, i have a 0.9bar spring but i shall be running 1.3 soon ;)

goldenvtr

Member +
Ive just done this for another member, might help you

wastegatesetupEBC.jpg

sorry if its hard to read i did it in a rush :p