External Wastegate

jonnyrad

Fresh Recruit
Hi all. Just finished my hybrid ct9 build and had it on the rollers yesterday, made 206bhp at the fly and 182bhp at the wheels with 173Lbs/ft of torque! However, i am getting a bit of creep, probably down to the air filter relocation, just wondered if anyone can suggest an external wastegate that would suit a toytuning mild steel manifold such as this one
TTCT91_0.jpg

I noticed that dan_ep82 has one for sale, dont know if this would fit?

http://www.toyotagtturbo.com/showthread.php?t=17149

Cheers!

jonnyrad

Fresh Recruit
I gathered it would have to be modified, would that one your selling fit it? how does it have to be modified?

Kelly

Member +
Sacha (WickedEp) is one of few places where you can get a manifold which can have an external wastegate for the ct9's :)

weakboy2

Member +
lol, any manifold can, you just need to get a separate pipe welded into the collector on the mani, you would be better of with a 38mm wastegate IMO

tom_hunt

Member +
Just get the one youv got modified to suite the wastegate. Go for a 38mm one. Thats what I used and I get no problems what so ever.

Tom

dan_ep82

Member +
lol 46mm will still be fine, although 38mm is all thats needed on a ct9 but it wont cause any problems, its being too small you gotta worry about!

tom_hunt

Member +
lol 46mm will still be fine, although 38mm is all thats needed on a ct9 but it wont cause any problems, its being too small you gotta worry about!

Yeah dont go to small. Ever where I look people use the 38mm on the CT9s but like you have said it would not be a problem to use a 42mm.

Looks a nice wasegate you have there. Good price to. Was it you that had the 38mm XL Power one up aswell? Thats the one Iv got.

Tom

dan_ep82

Member +
Yeah dont go to small. Ever where I look people use the 38mm on the CT9s but like you have said it would not be a problem to use a 42mm.

Looks a nice wasegate you have there. Good price to. Was it you that had the 38mm XL Power one up aswell? Thats the one Iv got.

Tom

not sure lol cant remember i did have a 38mm one for sale but unbranded!?

Kelly

Member +
Would it not just be quicker and cheaper just to get his own done though?
Although them kits Sacha do do like a good piece of kit.

Tom

Not sure fabricating places round here charge a fortune. But i dont think the wickedep mani is too expensive for anyone having trouble or wanting to buy it all ready :)