F**king Guards ?

wicklowEP

Fresh Recruit
i was driving up through the town today when a guard ran across the street and asked me for my lience (spelling). i gave it to him and he told me to meet him at the station he done a noise test and my car was 80.4 db and gave me 2 points and a fine.

My question is do they not give a warning as this was 1st time i have being stopped in the glanza since getting it ?
cheers in advance :mad:

Iain@CRD

Lifer
i was driving up through the town today when a guard ran across the street and asked me for my lience (spelling). i gave it to him and he told me to meet him at the station he done a noise test and my car was 80.4 db and gave me 2 points and a fine.

My question is do they not give a warning as this was 1st time i have being stopped in the glanza since getting it ?
cheers in advance :mad:

I thought the deicbel limit was suppose to be higher than that?

Its down to the discreation of the officier/guard.

what an antichrist of a guard:freddy:
if these tests are coming in around the country were all shagged:eek:
if i remember right on skunk 2's website it says americas db level is 100db?
but i dont know what irelands level is? didnt know we had one:confused:

wicklowEP

Fresh Recruit
what an antichrist of a guard:freddy:
if these tests are coming in around the country were all shagged:eek:
if i remember right on skunk 2's website it says americas db level is 100db?
but i dont know what irelands level is? didnt know we had one:confused:

well i was told its 74.2 db
if i seen him now :shoot:
he also had a lad in a 106 gti in aswel
well its drove me mad time for :beer:

gavinf

Fresh Recruit
robed from another site, as of january 2010 for nct requirment (spelling) Vehicle exhaust noise
· The nuisance caused by excessive noise from vehicle exhausts is regularly the subject of comments and complaints. Examination of a cars exhaust silencer, and its effectiveness at reducing noise is part of the current NCT. It is proposed to implement a noise check of vehicles that the vehicle inspector deems to be excessively noisy. The vehicle will be required to have a level of noise no greater than 99db in order to pass the test.

well i was told its 74.2 db
if i seen him now :shoot:
he also had a lad in a 106 gti in aswel
well its drove me mad time for :beer:

go on the beer to hell visit your nearest head shop get outta your tree and wake up in the cop shop in the morning that way ya have a good time and run into the guard again;):haha::haha:

would you say your exhaust is loud?

which exhaust have you got?

gglavin

Member +
did you see the reading? if not then hes full of shit & wont stand. and its not a law in ireland just yet

Fatman

Member +
80db is not a lot at all. Google says the limit is 99db which is seriously loud. It wouldn't surprise me if an unmuffled 3inch dump pipe out the guard off the turbo would still pass with a limit that high.

Sound measurements are VERY TRICKY to get right. Did they have an area set out for doing this test specifically? What sort of DB meter was it? Small handheld? Larger with separate mic? Did you get a printout with the results? What did they rev the car to?

I would fight this all the way up.

Somhairle

Lifer
80db is not a lot at all. Google says the limit is 99db which is seriously loud. It wouldn't surprise me if an unmuffled 3inch dump pipe out the guard off the turbo would still pass with a limit that high.

Sound measurements are VERY TRICKY to get right. Did they have an area set out for doing this test specifically? What sort of DB meter was it? Small handheld? Larger with separate mic? Did you get a printout with the results? What did they rev the car to?

I would fight this all the way up.

As with nearly every post fatman makes, I agree.

Fight it, don't take it lying down.

If they think they can get away with it everytime, they will. Police and gardai included. Take it to your local council. Ask for printouts, calibration certificates, make and model of decibel meter, and ask him point blank what he thinks the legal limit is.

Forewarned is forearmed!

Som.

wicklowEP

Fresh Recruit
go on the beer to hell visit your nearest head shop get outta your tree and wake up in the cop shop in the morning that way ya have a good time and run into the guard again;):haha::haha:

would you say your exhaust is loud?

which exhaust have you got?

its not overly loud to me theres a nice hmmmm of it

its a hks one

thechomper

Member +
fight it in court ,new NCT rules say exhaust noise has to be under 99dbm ,so you should get away with it in court,what a wanker of a gaurd

wicklowEP

Fresh Recruit
fight it in court ,new NCT rules say exhaust noise has to be under 99dbm ,so you should get away with it in court,what a wanker of a gaurd

oh hes a wanker all right
was talking to the lad in the 106 gti and he said the guard ran down the street after him what a prick :shoot: