F**king Pen Drives

Marty!

Member +
Were do i start...
Well my girlfriend is studying at uni atm... and the unit that shes on at the moment she has just spent 4hours on it typing it up. and she saves everything to her usb pen drive so she can go into uni and work on it there, but i would always copy it over to my laptop as a back up... so she saved everything to it put it in her bag then needed too edit couple things. poped it into the usb and was f**Kn about saying it needed to be formatd on hers, and when i put into mine says that there is nothing to read,
Im sorta well clued up in IT etc... so done all the usual things to see if i could retreive it but still nothing
just these f**kn usb pens are pure shit, and the thing is its a decent band costn £30ish not like ur free bee ones ya get...:shoot:
God love her shes in tears over it FFS, has to start 5000 word report all over again... really feel for her.
Only good thing is i have the rest off here 2years work on my laptop so she didnt lose everything she has done...
Really pissed me of these blood thing
Lol Rant over... needed to get it of my chest

Tell her to sign up to dropbox or get a gmail account and upload anything into her google docs or email it to herself. These are all more reliable.

Happened to me and it is very depressing

corofin12345

Member +
Dont worri the pen drive is well fucked across the room and smashed into bits lol:shoot:

she doesnt have internet in her house pal, she usally just emails me them...
shes well depressed like

i can only imagine... happened 2 mate of mine 2.. in collage one day and all in his class connected in their usb's into the computers and all lost their presentations...:eek:

Thats unlucky man.

If you need to backup important stuff like time consuming work make sure to triple or even quadruple backup just in case.

Joz

cameroon95

Member +
Not to offend you but its pretty daft to have all your documents and info on a pen drive, a usb should only really be used as transportation between computers. A back up is essential.

Marty!

Member +
Not to offend you but its pretty daft to have all your documents and info on a pen drive, a usb should only really be used as transportation between computers. A back up is essential.

All the documents and info are on the pen but also on my laptop as a back up... it was just that last piece since i wasnt there its couldnt be backed up...

Pen drive hit the wall with a bang lol i wasnt stopn her she thro a madfit... i was keepn out of harms way lol

Last edited:
hmmm.. what OS's wer u both running on??? as vista has a habit of this... bt u just click on the bottom option as top one is fortmat n bottom one is open files did this with my fathers last week managed to sort it tho & usually a gd way to check is on my comp rightclick on the drive n properties and if its nt showing as empty thn copy the drive to the desktop or do a "quick format" as it doesnt delete data just makes it overwritable then use file recovery software. If its literrally nt in pieces thn i wud giv it a go & cheap usb drives usually last longer thn gd ones ive found