Fan Runs All The Time!!!

Jamie Marks

Fresh Recruit
Hi any idea why my coolong fan would run all the time have changed temp sensor and had ecu reset but still running al the time?

Jamie Marks

Fresh Recruit
I was told that all the wiring from the fan runs to the ecu by a garage but it funny how it runs as soon as you turn the ignition on wb

GTWorld

Member +
Yeah pretty much sounds like the fans been bypassed so it stays on all the time check the connections at the fan

turbojim

Lifer
Check the connections at the thermo housing lad there is one on that and im 100% sure that if its dis connected it will make the fan stay on constant as i had it done wit my car

Hope this helps

ginor

Member +
If you have removed your aircon mate or someone else then there should be empty plug that isnt connected into anything near your battery (you can tell if your aircon is removed by having a look for two pipes poking out of the bulkhead by your airfilter)

You need to find the plug that originally goes into that (found on the aircon piping) and put it back in, this then lets the fan go off as normal.

Other than that mate, I really haven't got a clue lol

Gtstu

Member +
If you have removed your aircon mate or someone else then there should be empty plug that isnt connected into anything near your battery (you can tell if your aircon is removed by having a look for two pipes poking out of the bulkhead by your airfilter)

You need to find the plug that originally goes into that (found on the aircon piping) and put it back in, this then lets the fan go off as normal.

Other than that mate, I really haven't got a clue lol

or bridge the switch with some wire thats what i have done.

thechomper

Member +
as above has the air con been removed ,this could be the problem ,i would also check the bolts used on the thermo housing,as i threaded mine before and used a shorter bolt ,for 6 months i could not figure it out why the fan ran constent till i changed to longer bolts,the shorter bolts were not touching the engine so there was no earth and my fan ran constant ,could also be the fan switch so i would recommend a diagnostic test ,which you can perform yourself ,5 minute job,guide below

http://www.toyotagtturbo.com/forums/showthread.php?t=290

the order i would do it in

i would start with checking if you have aircon removed ,as said above if you bridge the connector left after removel should solve the problem

then i would do a diagnostic test and see if the fan switch was faulty

and then last but not least i would check the length of the bolts on the thermo housing
do in this order and hopefully you get a result

this is a picture of the connector left after aircon is removed ,it will be located behind the passenger side headlight,if there is is no plug in the connector ,bridge the two points on the connector with wire and that should sort it

20072007.jpg

Last edited:

Jamie Marks

Fresh Recruit
Yeh just did mine couldn't wate to find out lol mine was the ac plug how does this affect the fan?I would never have guessed that!!lol wb

ginor

Member +
Not sure how it affects the fan, might be some sort of warning trip switch...just throwing ideas lol

Glad its all sorted mate :drive::)