Fan Stays On

GTwayne

Member +
As soon as you turn on the ignition the fan comes on, all that's different is a forged engine put in and running a PFC. With the standard engine and ecu if never done it.

If anyone can shed any light on what it might be it'll be much appreciated.

rwdrev

Member +
mine has always run as soon as you put the ignition on. i aint bothered with it, it keeps the engine cool whilst thrashing, lol

Keenoep82

Fresh Recruit
Mine does it too. No idea if yours is the same, but mine is due to a plug being missing from when the air con was removed...

GTwayne

Member +
Mine does it too. No idea if yours is the same, but mine is due to a plug being missing from when the air con was removed...

I have no aircon but still got the plug and have the sensor plugged into it. It was like that before the engine swap and hasn't been touched, so can't see it being that.

weeJohn

Lifer
Replace the fan switch with the one from your previous engine, its the sensor on the thermo housing that points towards the bulkhead, it usually has a 1 wire round plug on it. Just in case, the fan runs all the time if this plug is not on the sensor.

Stu-

Member +
If you've removed the aircon you need to link the two wires together from the aircon circuit behind the head light. Will solve the issue and causes the fan to run as per standard off the water temp trigger on the thermostat housing.

GTwayne

Member +
Replace the fan switch with the one from your previous engine, its the sensor on the thermo housing that points towards the bulkhead, it usually has a 1 wire round plug on it. Just in case, the fan runs all the time if this plug is not on the sensor.

Haven't got the old engine now, I'll take a look at the sensor and see if it's all connected.

GTwayne

Member +
If you've removed the aircon you need to link the two wires together from the aircon circuit behind the head light. Will solve the issue and causes the fan to run as per standard off the water temp trigger on the thermostat housing.

I haven't got aircon, that was removed on the old engine and hasn't been touched during the swap. So can't see it being that.

GTwayne

Member +
Toyota electrical parts are scary money, you could pick up a 2nd hand one for £10.

Tell me about it, I had to ask twice as I thought I heard wrong the first time.
I've stiil to check the one on the engine hasn't got a plug off or broken wire, so I'll do that first.

Texx

Super Moderator
Stuff a bit of wire into the end of the switch connector and ground it out on the body or engine somewhere, if the fan stops the switch is likely to be faulty, if it continues to run then your faulty probably lies elsewhere.