Fan Switch

GTwayne

Member +
Need a fan switch, the one that sits in the stat housing and faces the bulkhead. For a EP82 engine.

Last edited:

weeJohn

Lifer
Its an EP85 you have Wayne yes? If so you are looking a GT sensor to suit your wiring loom. Easy way to double check, pull the plug off, if the fan runs you want a GT sensor, if it doesnt, connect the plug to earth and if it runs you want a Glanza or UK Starlet sensor.

GTwayne

Member +
Its an EP85 you have Wayne yes? If so you are looking a GT sensor to suit your wiring loom. Easy way to double check, pull the plug off, if the fan runs you want a GT sensor, if it doesnt, connect the plug to earth and if it runs you want a Glanza or UK Starlet sensor.

That might explain a few things then, as it does stay on when you unplug it. So although I have a ep91 engine because I have a GT engine loom I need to get the switch from a ep82?

weeJohn

Lifer
That might explain a few things then, as it does stay on when you unplug it. So although I have a ep91 engine because I have a GT engine loom I need to get the switch from a ep82?

Thats right, its either the wiring or the relay is configured to work the other way round, so you need a GT sensor.