FAO Anyone who has imported there car!

shauntgtt

Member +
Evening chaps!

Well....my car will be arriving next week (from jap land) I have received all the shipping documents etc I am using ITS in Southampton for customs however what i want to know is will they register the car? Or a broader question would be what do they do?!

Cheers

EP82

Member +
When I got mine, Went down to liverpool with a trailor, Paid my release fee for the labour of shipyard (£20 just to drive it off a boat lol), You need to have paid your UK duties and Customs charges prior to going down and have some kind of proof of this. They you take her home and you will need to register it yourself mate with the DVLA.

Oh and you need an MOT before you can register it on UK roads, I had to get that done on the chassis number, also had to insure it on the chassis number prior to getting a reg plate.

EP82

Member +
What would I do without this site ;)

No probs mate, Also remember to phone the docks before you drive down to confirm you can pick the car up as I phoned up half way there only to be told that the ship could not dock due to bad weather and I had to go again the day after!

shauntgtt

Member +
Yeah that's cool I have been getting updates on the ship etc I just don't want any hassle when i get there! So I can phone Adrian Flux and get it insured using the chassis no. and then when i go to collect it i can drive it home and get it MOT'd, then register it? Then tax it, then fookin drive it!