FAO: Elephant customers under 25

Ryno

Member +
anyone else who's insured fully comp checked their policy to find that your not covered to drive other cars under the 3rd party clause?

needed to borrow my mums car and it was only when i quickly checked my policy, followed by a phone call to them that it sunk in that even tho they are quite happy to take my money, insure me on a group 20 car and have the cheek to charge me for mods that they won't replace if anything happened.

they won't let me drive some group nothing beemer on my insurance because i'm under 25 :flame:

slowly losing faith in the quality of their cover after a number of things now (including trying to charge me £80 becuase i have up-rated front discs and pads)

think i'll be taking my money else where when my re-newal come up :)

just a heads up because if i hadn't checked i could of quite easily been done for driving with no insurance!

Bullet00th

Member +
I had a lot of trouble with elephant!! When i told them about my FMIC they said they would have to cancel my policy with them!!! and then charged me £40 cancellation fees!!!!! very pissed off with them.

Now im with adrain flux. they are brilliant. £200 cheaper than elephant with all the mods declared :D

Matt

Gee

Member +
A lot of companys wont let you until you are 25. Should of asked when you took the policy out. It sucks, its the same for me. Dont see anything to complain about thou.

Last edited:

y3Lo

Member +
a lot of people i speak to seem to think just because there fully comp that they can drive any car 3rd party..... i thought you had to be 25, i was told that by elephant when i was with them anyway, dont think iv got 3rd party cover through sky either.

Monkfish

Member +
Pretty much every insurer requires you to be 25+ to have 3rd party on all other vehicles. It's to stop pikey youngsters insuring a <insert shitbox of choice> then hooning about in something far too powerful that would normally be too expensive to insure.

y3Lo

Member +
funnily i had a little pikey come upto me at the petrol station telling me how his 18yr old bro would smoke me in his pulsar, i said oh ye and how does he insure that? pikey grinned and said he insures a 1.1 fiesta fully comp so he's insured to drive anything. just had to pass, do hope he gets pulled, mind you will probably kill himself in an r at 18.

Toymota

Member +
never had a problem with elephant. always been the cheapest insurer for me and i knew about the 3rd party insurance because i actually read my information when it came!

Elaine

Lifer
I thought being 25+ to drive other cars was a pretty standard thing unless you ask. I know Bell will cover any age 3rd party if you pay them a bit extra.

Elephant and Admiral are part of the same group will not touch FMIC so not sure how some of you are using them unless you’re not declaring all your mods…

Dan3SGTE

Member +
ive just got my renewel with "5 years PROTECTED NCB" with ALL mods declared "fully comp", value of car £7000, for £1219.93 and thats paying monthly :)

and thats with highway through Adrian Flux....

Breakdown cover the lot :)

very happy i must say.. And im still only 21... im 22 next week.....

Elaine

Lifer
Thats really good I just redone my insurance via Highway and I pay £495 FC with a 22 year old lad on my cover.

Ryno

Member +
never had a problem with elephant. always been the cheapest insurer for me and i knew about the 3rd party insurance because i actually read my information when it came!

yeah but i'm a guy, we don't do things like that :p

didn't think the 25+ thing was standard because most the people i've spoken too have checked their policy and they are covered 3rd party through others.

obviously i didn't assume i was covered because i'm fully comp, hence checking my policy before hand, but i thought i would at least be able to pay a bit extra to get the extra level of cover.

MJA

Member +
Elephant and Admiral are part of the same group will not touch FMIC so not sure how some of you are using them unless you’re not declaring all your mods…

My FMIC is declared with Bell. When i originally told Admiral, they cancelled my policy without even telling me! Wankers.

Everyone that works at Admiral/Bell/Elephant are total retards. I spent many hours on the phone to all of them, the reason why they don't want to touch cars with FMIC's is because it's classed as part of a turbo conversion. They don't understand that a Starlet GT has a factory fitted intercooler and turbo. If you phone them and list a FMIC as one of your mods, they class that as a turbo conversion, and won't insure it.

Don't ask why, i must have spoken to every manager within the Admiral group and not one prick could understand that a Starlet GT Turbo Import, funnily enough, has a turbo fitted to it from the factory. Eventually after about 2 weeks of constant phonecalls (and threats of court action, for leading me to believe i was insured with the FMIC fitted, when in actual fact they had cancelled my policy!) i managed to explain that i have merely replaced the standard intercooler with an aftermarket one.

Just some advice to others, as i know many have had the same problem.