fault codes 25,42 on td04 glanza.

shane01

Member +
td04 glanza ,hdi intercooler,relocated air filter , but no fuel management or reg.

running 10 psi of boost.

i been getting engine light flip on today while doing a steady speed in 5th gear, i wasnt boosting so i dont think it would be a fuel cut?.

so i checked the codes and i got

25 air-fuel ration lean malfunction 42 vechicle speed sensor signal !!

from the start i think 42 would be down to the fact my speedo dont work and engine temps not showing on dash either.

but 25 i can only guess cause my lamba sensor is broke?

would this explain the issue or do i need turn the boost up abit? any advice would be grand thanks.

pilgrim_fgau

Member +
td04 glanza ,hdi intercooler,relocated air filter , but no fuel management or reg.

running 10 psi of boost.

i been getting engine light flip on today while doing a steady speed in 5th gear, i wasnt boosting so i dont think it would be a fuel cut?.

so i checked the codes and i got

25 air-fuel ration lean malfunction 42 vechicle speed sensor signal !!

from the start i think 42 would be down to the fact my speedo dont work and engine temps not showing on dash either.

would this explain the issue or do i need turn the boost up abit? any advice would be grand thanks.

wouldnt be turning the boost up at all mate without some sort of fuelling adjustment

AdamB

Member +

Well theres a few problems there that I would be looking to sort out.
If the lambda is broke, fix it, if you have not got a RRFPR and the boost has been increased its going to be running lean which is engine failure territory.

Turboder

Fresh Recruit
bigger turbo,u could prob do with bigger injectors ur fuelling needs to catch up with ur increased airflow,like it was said definitely dont turn that boost up u cud infact turn it down a little or run near standard boost till u sort fuelling,thats my take on that anyway correct me if im wrong