FCD dangerous?

Nick260890

Member +
hi guys i have just fitted a fuel cut defencer to my starlet,

a friend has told me that i need to be carefull with this cus i can risk blowing my engine,

is this true?

madman

Member +
yes it is if you go over stock boost.. i hate them tbh i would never put one on a car imo but thats just me

corofin12345

Member +
if your going down the fcd route, you will need an aftermarket fpr and a session on the rollers to get the fueling sorted mate.. an ecu would be an easier option as they are plug and play but they are expensive buggers

madman

Member +
yes ecu would be better and not too pricey these days as they are common just keep an eye out in the classifieds section and you might pick one up handy enough for not much more than a fcd and fpr set up then just get it mapped ;)

Nick260890

Member +
so i should be fine with a fcd as long as i get a fpr and get it set up all right, whilst im there shall i get an uprated fuel pump and injectors??

Chris@CCM

Member +
There's nothing wrong with a fcd when used with a rrfpr , even at stock boost with a hks fcd ur car will be Mega lean don't even risk it with out getting a rrfpr and it set up by a tuner no need to be set on rollers it can be done on the road

corofin12345

Member +
yep...and no need for fuel pump and injectors... ecu wise id go for a jam/blitz/sard etc as they are just plug and play and are pre mapped.. i dont see the point in a emu or emb on a ct9 imo

Last edited:

madman

Member +
yep...and no need for fuel pump and injectors

it is advised you get them but not essential i had a td04 at a bar with stock injectors and fuel pump its just the age of the fuel pump that factors into play it cannot supply the fuel like it used to so its up to each individual specially for their budget.

Nick260890

Member +
oh right okay, soz im new to all this turbo stuff lol who or where is a good place to get it set up? also am i right in getting a sytec fpr?

corofin12345

Member +
it is advised you get them but not essential i had a td04 at a bar with stock injectors and fuel pump its just the age of the fuel pump that factors into play it cannot supply the fuel like it used to so its up to each individual specially for their budget.

on a tdo4 ya as theres more flow.. not needed on a ct9 and most ive seen havent and are perfectly fine after a good rr session