fcd issues.

hey dudes i fitted my hks fcd today along with my safc as the cars going in for tuning on tuesday. but when i first fitted the fcd i set it to the lowest setting, started driving and it would start to judder abit under acceleration, so i turned it up a little to around 6 or 7 i think, drove it and the juddering has gone but the car seems to be holding back abit. i know its wired right cos a managed to hit 1bar of boost very briefly with no fuel cut. the safc has been initialized and ive wired in the following order ecu-fcd-safc which i believe is right.

is it a case of waiting to get the car setup on the rollers or is there summin i need to do? or have i done summin wrong?

this is the diagram i used as it seems to be tried and tested by a few members and works ok:

SAFCFCDWiringDiagram-2.jpg

any help would be much appreciated.

graham.

p.s my spec list is as follows:

hybrid ct9
speedvision mani
wepr turbo back exhaust
mbc
safc
hks fcd
ngk leads
ngk plugs
filter relocated behind front grille
a/c removed
jam 1bar actuator
fmic

i think thats it if it helps.

glanzaV195

Member +
you need it on setting number 9 to run 1 bar,(12 is the minimum setting 1 is max) , the lower the number you put it on the leaner it will run, its probably holding back cos its lean and maybe doing damage on setting 6 or 7! its no good having the safc on there if its not been set up at all, you need air fuel ratios checked out before trying to beat it! your probably melting your pistons nicely.

put it to setting 12 and turn your boost down to about 0.7 bar to be safe as u can be.

Last edited:
ive literally ran it from my garage 6miles away on low boost 0.7bar so i dought ive done any damage, the safc is being setup on tuesday as stated but i will put it on setting 9 and see how it goes then, i aint gone past 0.7 bar apart from hitting 1bar very briefly to check the fcd was working.

cheers for the help glanzav195, much appreciated :D

graham