fcd problem after fitting please help.

basically my cars been set up on monday with my hks fcd and sard rrfpr, now i havent connected the fpr yet but after fitting the fcd i started the car but its running like a bag of shit its idling at 500rpm and really lumpy also the engine managment lights on and i can smell fuel bad! now the car was fine before this today and its definatly right, my car is a turbo converted starlet sportif with gt engine and ecu with 2 plug connectors.

help please otherwise im in shit for monday

thanks Dean

Stulet-GTT

Member +
Disconect the fcd for now until the fpr is fitted and you have it properly set up...

From what i have red over the time i'v been on hear the HKS FCD tends to make the car run lean, so if you can get a greddy one or somink else...
Im sure some peeps on hear would agree...

its been set up on monday but i carnt drive it like this i might fit the fpr but i really didnt expect it to do this! ive soldered it in its set on 8 i dont see how it could be that lean that it hardly runs?

Stulet-GTT

Member +
i think i have seen it somwhere that you set it to 6 or 7???

Dont quote me on that...

If ya havin prob's just turn it right down for now, or jus dont use car till monday wen ya get it set up an jus idle rev it there.

Personally i would dissconect it for now and use conector plugs for it..

Stulet-GTT

Member +
If you disconect it jus for now at least you can use the car safely till monday wen it goes in for set up...

I have had my FCD for month's now but not fitted yet, i have my sard rrfpr to but am waiting till i get it set up an letting the tuner fit them for me...

the only thing i can think of is tjhe the hks fcd is leaning it out loads causing little fuel to pass. but i know loads of people that hav just ran an fcd on its own and the car ran and idled fine?

thanks for the help guys!

kieran.s gt

Member +
are you sure you have it fitted properly the car should still idle fine even with fcd fitted and no rrfpr
either incorrect wire connected or fcd is faulty

HYBRID

Super Moderator <a href="http://www.toyotagtturbo.
are you sure you have it fitted properly the car should still idle fine even with fcd fitted and no rrfpr
either incorrect wire connected or fcd is faulty

bang on the money... id check ur connections buddy.. something doesnt sound right.. its got nothing to do with fuelling.. sounds more like the map sensor signal is fooling about coz of the fcd being installed wrongly..

kon

ktl

Member +
my mates did this. he just took it off and ran with 1 bar and his engine is still going strong.

but at 1 bar mine fpr was setup at around 2.3bar anyway.

Dub-Se7en

Lifer
you got the correct type? we tried a 5 wire type and the car wouldn't run right, exactly as described.

if it's the correct type you've deffo go it wired up wrong or it's faulty as the ecu isn't receiving the MAP signal, hence the shite running and EM light.

ye its definatly wired right its the 4 wire type and i used the diagrams you put on here ian i just disconnected it and re connected it but still no joy ive split the wired as described between the yellow and white wire and just spliced into the earth and live ive even taken the fcd appart and all the solders fine so im really lost?

Dub-Se7en

Lifer
and you've not got the yellow and white wire the wrong way round?

can only assume it's faulty. i can remove mine and lend you it until you get sorted if needs be.