fcd ?

i have got a fcd fitted to my car and ever since it has been my car feels like it is holding back and then EVENTUALLY the turbo kicks in and kicks ass but when i take the fcd out the car runs smooth again and goes well straight away it seems as thou this fcd is holding back the car ? i dont understand y ? does the car need setting up or has anyone got any other ideas or explanations on y this would be happening ??????????????????
cheers

clarkytrd

Member +
i have got a fcd fitted to my car and ever since it has been my car feels like it is holding back and then EVENTUALLY the turbo kicks in and kicks ass but when i take the fcd out the car runs smooth again and goes well straight away it seems as thou this fcd is holding back the car ? i dont understand y ? does the car need setting up or has anyone got any other ideas or explanations on y this would be happening ??????????????????
cheers

woo hoo someone has exact same problem as me, i had a guy fit a jam racing fcd to my map sensor and it ran like a dog, would boost properly....

got a hks one fitted to my ecu the other day and its doing the exact same thing, not boosting properly.

one of the guys on here told me the car is overfuelling,

so i am supposed to be getting a fuel pressure reg fitted shortly, dunno if that will stop the problem!?

it is a hks one i have a fuel pressure regulator on it plus as follows

magnecor leads
iridium plugs
hks actuator
front mounted intercooler
exhaust system
de cat
tubular manifold
bitz boost controller
blitz dump valve
blitz air filter

or this runs spot on and well together but as soon as i add the fcd to up the boost and fuck off the cut off it plays up and runs like shit off the mark even on low boost it runs like it i have tried setting the boost different along with the fuel pressure regulator changed to ????
the fcd is on number 8 to like i was told to do from someone off here
IM CONFUSED AND PISSED OFF NOW lol dunno wot to do just want it to run smooth really

clarkytrd

Member +
it is a hks one i have a fuel pressure regulator on it plus as follows

magnecor leads
iridium plugs
hks actuator
front mounted intercooler
exhaust system
de cat
tubular manifold
bitz boost controller
blitz dump valve
blitz air filter

or this runs spot on and well together but as soon as i add the fcd to up the boost and fuck off the cut off it plays up and runs like shit off the mark even on low boost it runs like it i have tried setting the boost different along with the fuel pressure regulator changed to ????
the fcd is on number 8 to like i was told to do from someone off here
IM CONFUSED AND PISSED OFF NOW lol dunno wot to do just want it to run smooth really

ahh shit so if i throw the fuel press reg on, it wont make a difference??

think il put it on and then get it on the rolling road!!

would that solve it???

62 psi wots wrong with that ???
lol
nah i wanted the fcd on there cos i was constantly hitting the fuel cut which cant b a gd thing im not really looking at wanting to run high boost 12 max but as i said its running like a bag of shit !
i have got it booked up for r/r but thats not for another week so just thought id ask u guys if u knew the solution cheers

clarkytrd

Member +
they havent said if they have had it set up yet

havent had it set up at all...

so if i put it on a rolling road, they'd set everythin up and she'd run perfect from there?!?!

whats the cost to put it on a rolling road and have it set up properly??

monka

Member +
62 psi wots wrong with that ???
lol
nah i wanted the fcd on there cos i was constantly hitting the fuel cut which cant b a gd thing im not really looking at wanting to run high boost 12 max but as i said its running like a bag of shit !
i have got it booked up for r/r but thats not for another week so just thought id ask u guys if u knew the solution cheers

you should turn the boost down then mate and take off the rrfpr till its mapped,

hitting fuel cut will damage the engine eventually,
bypassing fuel cut will damage it as the engine get really leaned out above fuel cut,
and just adding a rrfpr and guessing what pressure will damage, as you could be running to rich or to lean

take it off, lower the boost, wait till the rolling road, safest option by far

clarkytrd

Member +
you should turn the boost down then mate and take off the rrfpr till its mapped,

hitting fuel cut will damage the engine eventually,
bypassing fuel cut will damage it as the engine get really leaned out above fuel cut,
and just adding a rrfpr and guessing what pressure will damage, as you could be running to rich or to lean

take it off, lower the boost, wait till the rolling road, safest option by far

man ive the same problem,

gettin fpr 2moro hopefully, den do i need to go to a rolling road session and have them set up the afr on my car?

is it overfuelling that is causing it to run so bad??

i am only boostin at 0.7 with cat and standard manifold.....

toymotaadam

Member +
try takin all u bits off and put them back on 1 at a time .clean ur lamba sensor or replace i had similar issue on another car i had