#####fcon#####

silverGtstu.

Member +
two enquiries,how would a starlet running a uprated pump and rrfpr, which was set to cover 1.2bar of boost, will i run ok at 0.6 bar, nice and rich, also do i run both map sensors or just the one, and do i loose the rrfpr,

silverGtstu.

Member +
hi

av been told the fcon runs alot better without a rrfpr, and my car ran like crap when i started it today with only the hks map sensor installed, on setting 0 on the fcon.

silverGtstu.

Member +
hi i`ll try to explain plumbed in my fcon today, and istaled the fcd to my fcon loom not the oem loom, and set the fcon to 0 and when i started the car it ran like crap and that was just the hks map sensor installed? so now running stock boost with stock ecu set up til i get to the rollers i wanna try 1.2 bar.

Aidan-G

Member +
av been told the fcon runs alot better without a rrfpr, and my car ran like crap when i started it today with only the hks map sensor installed, on setting 0 on the fcon.

you have to use the standard ecus map sensor also

bring it to someone with a wideband there is different setting inside the f-con setting 0 might not be for you

yeah ive heard they dont like fpr but mine worked no problem,turn the fpr down to factory settings and start from there

silverGtstu.

Member +
hi, well ppl say run only the hks one, and dont use a rrfpr as the fcon get confused, am running the same fuel pressure setting as to when was running 1.1 bar and now running half boost so i should be safe, til i get to the rollers next week,

silverGtstu.

Member +
also fcd setting will i just keep that untouched in the mean time as it was set for 1.1bar, also is stock fuel pressure 2.3 bar with vac hose off?

Aidan-G

Member +
hi, well ppl say run only the hks one, and dont use a rrfpr as the fcon get confused, am running the same fuel pressure setting as to when was running 1.1 bar and now running half boost so i should be safe, til i get to the rollers next week,

i dont know about running only the f-con pressure sensor...whats the standard ecu going to read from?when you tried to start it yesterday...did you have the standard map sensor disconected and the f-cons plumbed in to that vac pipe?that could be your problem

silverGtstu.

Member +
also when i had both plumbed into inlet manifold the car idled a lot better but was pretty stinky, possibly too much fuel i guess?

silverGtstu.

Member +
ok cool so when i get to the tuners i will plug back in the fcon, and have both map sensors feeding off different ports on the inlet manifold, and then set stock fuel pressure ? take it from there i guess and work my way up the 9 map settings til the desired a/f ratio is obtained?

Aidan-G

Member +
ok cool so when i get to the tuners i will plug back in the fcon, and have both map sensors feeding off different ports on the inlet manifold, and then set stock fuel pressure ? take it from there i guess and work my way up the 9 map settings til the desired a/f ratio is obtained?

yes plumb in the two seperate..you can plumb them into the same vac pipe but just make sure the standard map sensor is in place

leave your fuel pressure as is,as it was ok for 1.2bar was it you said earlier?i couldnt really understand you!loljust leave everything as is and plug in your f-con when you get there..the mappers will do the rest

Aidan-G

Member +
and make sure you f-con pressure sensor in sitting level with the vac pipe to the bottom...so ive been told

silverGtstu.

Member +
thanks dude

yeah infact let it spool 1.3bar and was still rich enough, what power you think i could get at 1.2 bar?, or is it torque and more aggresive fueling i will notice? is defo level and pipe facing downwards,

Aidan-G

Member +
yeah infact let it spool 1.3bar and was still rich enough, what power you think i could get at 1.2 bar?, or is it torque and more aggresive fueling i will notice? is defo level and pipe facing downwards,

what kind of mods have you got?i dont think you have a ct9 anyway from the figures in your avatar!lol..forged engine?

silverGtstu.

Member +
lol

ct9 hybrid, custom manifold, straight through sr exhaust,trust front mounted intake, huge autobahn fmic, hks actuator, hks sqv, hks, fcd, and now a hks fcon, not a forged engine i wish lol, uprated pump, rrfpr, few other little bits not worth mentioning,

Aidan-G

Member +
and your going to push it to 1.3bar?have you a gcc with that f-con?

you do know your a mad man!:eek:its a bit risky dont you think?