fells Like the cars Detonating

jamesbaa

Member +
Well as a follow on from my last topic about my boost issue, it has now been brought to my attention that it fells like my car is Detonating! It starts happening when the car is brought on boost! I changed the spark plugs for a new set that i had and the next step is to replace the HT leads! Does anyone have any other idea's what could be causeing my car to do this and what sort off damage could it have caused! :confused:

jamesbaa

Member +
I running an e-manage blue so that would eliminate fuel cut!!

It boost but its just on and off and all over the place!!

munday

Member +
Can you hear it detonating? Best to make sure it's definatly detonation bfore gong any further. Detonation is most likely at low revs/high throttle openings and it sounds almost like a metallic rattling.

_GAZ_EP85_

Member +
yeah i def felt like the wrong heat range of plug's, he had second hand unknown milage heat range 7's in there, changed them and leads and is it still doing it?
i could be a map problem BUT i would rather sort out new cap and rotor for 40 quid than go to a tuner for 200 for him to tell you it migt be cap and rotor

jamesbaa

Member +
im gona go and try thou's leads out later tonight!

I dont think it is a map problem due to the car running fine for a week or so then it happening!

If leads dont sort it then i'll be doing the rotor cap!!

jamesbaa

Member +
I replaced the leads with the set gaz lent me and it seems to have cleared the problem, iv driven the car for about 30 miles now and havent heard or felt anything!!

azerty

Supermoderator
could it be coil ?
it realy sounds like ignition failure on boost, rotor, cap or anything on the way to spark plug