Fiat Revive the Punto GT Turbo??

parkiboy

Member +
Right i'm not sure how long these have been out and ive just found out its old news but gotta say (and i thought id never say this) .. i am impressed with Fiat.

just came across the Abarth Grande Punto, seems to be the revived Punto GT turbo, a 1.4 turbo charged engine producing 155bhp, its not that often we see manufacturers doing that these days :)

Why cant toyota make a 1.3 VVTI turbo engine? :p A predissesor to the 4efte.. i think toyota are doing a new turbo yaris arent they but if im correct its a 1.6?

Just a shame about the weight of the cars these days... safety? who needs safety :p

and for those like me who havent seen them before.. http://www.pistonheads.co.uk/sales/759448.htm

peen

Lifer
I saw these being reviewed on Five's Fifth Gear. There is a copy on YouTube if you want to see the review:

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=eGW_k6U_8II

They didn't rate the build quality of some of the parts on the standard model but apparently the one to go for (if you have an extra £3000) is the Essesse model which is 180 bhp!

Not really my thing but I agree it is good to see a manufacturer producing pocket rockets. :) As you say, pity it isn't Toyota!

monka

Member +
speaking of fiats?

any one seen the brava/o t jet?

1.4 and 150bhp? my gf drove one the other day and said it was quite nice

speaking of fiats?

any one seen the brava/o t jet?

1.4 and 150bhp? my gf drove one the other day and said it was quite nice

There out over a year one of my work mates has one nice looking car with good extras nippy to for what they are. People are saying fix it again tomorrow but hey they have a 4 year warranty with them.

Julian-ep91

Member +
my old punto gt:

sprayed003.jpg

sprayed009.jpg

mygt009.jpg

starbogt

Member +
my mate has the 1.2 punto grande and it's an 06 plate had a new gearbox and electrical problems galore.

cantbassed

Member +
i had a punto mk2b 1.4 (fire engine, thats what they called them??) before my glanza. tbh it was a great car, i just needed abit more power. was looking at a coupe 16v turbo conversion, but looked to be a little too much money and the agro with conversions!

newcam-1.jpg

Mike D EP82

Member +
anyone who does motorway miles will know that nearly every car that is broken down at the sid of the road is a fiat punto or seicento. they are shit!! iv had 4 at my work for mots and they all overheated just sitting there?? one had 21000 miles on it and it fried the head gasket. Fix It Again Tomorrow. italians really cant build cars for shit

Julian-ep91

Member +
anyone who does motorway miles will know that nearly every car that is broken down at the sid of the road is a fiat punto or seicento. they are shit!! iv had 4 at my work for mots and they all overheated just sitting there?? one had 21000 miles on it and it fried the head gasket. Fix It Again Tomorrow. italians really cant build cars for shit

i had mine for over a year and didnt have a single problem, but most of them are unrealiable :drive:

dantheman

Member +
I think im gonna be sick, get that orange thing off this website!!!!!

:haha: x2

punto's are the shittest cars going, bolting a turbo on one is even worse :haha: fiat need to learn how to build reliable n/a cars before they get involved in turbo's :haha: