Final gear set

SWGLANZA

Member +
Hey all, im currently building a new gearbox for my glanza as my other is completely knackered, was thinking about getting a trd final gear set, but im not sure if its worth the money really, just wondering whether or not anyone has got one or know much about it!? Also in need of a gearbox so if anyones got one forsale let me know plz! cheers

gedis

Member +
if i was you i would just get levin 5 speed final drive and save your self some money, as trd is very expensive/rare

bigdoods

Member +
what does it actually do ?????????????

shortens your gear ratios so the car will always be in the higher revs.good for torque and lowend speed but shortens your top end speed.hondas often use them so they keep in the higher revs(vtec) i never really saw a point in them as the small ct9 turbo has minimal lag and then with bigger turbos(td04) they really shine top end so ya dont really want less of that.

gedis

Member +
it makes your gears shorter(increase accelaration, reduce top end) or longer(increases top speed and reduces accelaration) :drive:

Killamats

Registered Trader <a href="http://www.toyotagtturb
get a 4.1 from an AE box, its much more worth it.
I had a set once from a 4.7 TRD box, it was around 250quid. the 4.1 is less deffo

starlet666

Member +
does the ae82 corolla gearbox fit on the ep82 motor with the ep82's bell housing???? i need a gearbox asap and i can get one of them boxes for cheap.....