final gear sets

ryanjfo

Member +
im after a final gear set to make the gear ratios in my glanza shorter ...i know there is the one on rhd japan for sale but im wondering are there any other places that do them for cheaper...

hardcoreep

Member +
You can replace the 3.722 with the 4.1 or 4.3 from the Corolla/Levin/Trueno C-series gearbox. Depending on how much power you have I'd go for the 4.1.

finx

Member +
ryan, what we are after for your car is the 4.3 from a ae101 or ae111 levin or trueno.
that trd set is very nice but by the time you buy all new bearings and seals to go with inc the lsd it itll be a 3k gearbox without labour

ill send you a pm on starletcentral and we will sus it out :)

E10-2001-CT9

Member +
hi. i got chance to get an final drive from Auris ZRE151. this got final drive 4,529. hope it will fit because its also an C-type gearbox. I think about what happens if i fit?! great acceleration but much less top speed? anyone fitted an 4,3 final drive for an 3,722 GT one?! how is this at driving?!
I only got 140hp this time, dont realy want extreme top speed. I like great acceleration...

Last edited:

spuddy

Ulster Area Rep.
Don't think the 4.5 will fit, it won't mesh with the output shaft, I dunno though if you can replace the output shaft with the one meant for the 4.5

E10-2001-CT9

Member +
i got final driva AND the output shaft...both what i need. the auris gearboy also got same gear ratios fomr 1. up to 5th gear.

E10-2001-CT9

Member +
but i would get great acelleration and less top speed?? someone trys to tell me i get much top speed with 4,5

corolla E11 G6 also got 4,5 final gear

spuddy

Ulster Area Rep.
You'll get considerably less top speed but alot of acceleration. I'll try and find the link to the calculations I did based on a 4.7 final drive but it would give u an idea.