Firefox 3 issues

HutchGlanzaV

Member +
Anyone else on here using FF3? Everytime I open my hotmail firefox closes. Was wondering if anyone knew a fix coz its pissing me off!

gv1.3

Admin
seems to be lots of issues reported for firefox 3 and hotmail incompatibility according to google.

ChrisGT

Member +
Still rocking 2.0.0.15. Might update it and see how things go. I've noticed with FF recently it bogs down for some reason, not using a huge amount of system resources either! Just seems to go slow between tabs and I found an easy fix was creating a completely new profile (back up your bookmarks ofc) and that sorts it! Wierd though!

While talking about wierd bugs; a new MS update stopped all Virgin Media customers with XP to browse the net if they were using ZoneAlarm! How wierd! You cannot get online when ZoneAlarm is running! Had to phone them up, and they said hundreds of people were having the same problem! So wierd...wow I got really sidetracked there lol. I don't think I can be of any help! Sorrry!

Has it been happening since you first installed FF3 or just recently?? Have you had a look in the settings for firefox to see if there are any restrictions for mail clients or any reference to pop3 or smtp?? Also try adding Hotmail into the exceptions so it isnt firewalled.
I havent looked at FF3 yet but will have to get a look soon its just finding the time as I'm not going to install it on my work computer.haha. I always have ran either the orginal Firefox or Firefox 2 dont think I will be changing to Firefox 3 for a wile until they sort out all the issues. Its the same with every bit of software made like when Vista first came out everybody ran to buy it but little did they know that they would more than likely get compatiability issues all over the place and have had to sit for a long time with certain pieces of software they use not working with Vista.
I will look into a fix for this, buu honestly would recomend stop using Firefox3 for a wile and re-download in a few months;)
Christy

Still rocking 2.0.0.15. Might update it and see how things go. I've noticed with FF recently it bogs down for some reason, not using a huge amount of system resources either! Just seems to go slow between tabs and I found an easy fix was creating a completely new profile (back up your bookmarks ofc) and that sorts it! Wierd though!

While talking about wierd bugs; a new MS update stopped all Virgin Media customers with XP to browse the net if they were using ZoneAlarm! How wierd! You cannot get online when ZoneAlarm is running! Had to phone them up, and they said hundreds of people were having the same problem! So wierd...wow I got really sidetracked there lol. I don't think I can be of any help! Sorrry!

I dont rate Zonealarm very highly to be honest, it seems to have had issues with alot of things over the years and to be honest isnt all that great security either IMHO.
Christy

gv1.3

Admin
Sorry Hutch I aint gone to version 3 yet. One thought I had though from what I was reading was if there is a way to put hotmail into "simple" mode automatically when you login do that via Internet Explorer then login with firefox and see if it crashes when using in simple mode. Worth a try I guess

gv1.3

Admin
Zonealarm is a disgrace to be honest. I have had so many bad experiences with zonealarm, norton IS etc when using VPN connections.

A well patched machine with windows firewall on is enough for users who are on an off the Internet.

For those who want to leave their machine on all the time they should not be relying on software firwalls and should be filtering traffic before it ever gets near their PC/Laptop.

Zonealarm is a disgrace to be honest. I have had so many bad experiences with zonealarm, norton IS etc when using VPN connections.

A well patched machine with windows firewall on is enough for users who are on an off the Internet.

For those who want to leave their machine on all the time they should not be relying on software firwalls and should be filtering traffic before it ever gets near their PC/Laptop.

Completely agree Dylan but suppose not everyone knows how to do it so they listen to dumbass computer store reps who want to sell sell sell....what really get me is when a wee old woman or man goes into a computer store with £300 to spend and end up leaving after spending £800 on things they NEED TO PROTECT THEIR COMPUTER!!!!:flame:
Christy

gv1.3

Admin
very true mate.

I used to use a tiny cisco pix 501 to filter everything out at home.

I was very pleasently surprised when I got over here and bought a cheapy wireless router and without touching anything... literally just plugging it in it ran perfectly fine and is "good enough".

Very true there is so much you can do to a wireless router to secure it further too. Im obsessed by wireless and cant learn enough about it.haha.(sad I know....but its my job)
Christy

ChrisGT

Member +
eeek.co.uk/i_dont_know_why/but_reinstalling_ver2/fucksit.html

So I think I better start getting used to 3.0! lol. Its not actually that bad I was overexaggerating, its just in the address bar it has the title of the page visited which means everyone is free to see my Facebook stalking habits! :p

ChrisGT

Member +
Nope. Is it when you click the symbol in MSN to open your emails yeah? If so, mines goes through IE so no trouble! I just don't like the overall layout of FF3. FF2 was simpler, and in this case simpler = better lol.

HutchGlanzaV

Member +
I've got my hotmail inbox book marked, when I open it and try to do anything (open an email or delete something) firefox closes. Looks like I'll be using IE for my emails then.