Fitted HKS Actuator boost Problem(help)

mushy

Member +
Hi just fitted my hks actuator and took it for a run the problem is that i am getting the same boost which is 0.7 bar when on Lo or Hi boost what have i done wrong.

mushy

Member +
So you think it's just a how it is with the hks actuator becuase my mate had a glanza and when he fitted his hks actuator to his car, i asked him what it was like and he said his low boost was like his high boost and when on high boost it was like super boost lol.

supernova

Member +
Well when my HKS actuator was fitted, the difference between hi and lo was only about .1 bar. To up your boost, just make the actuator arm shorter, about 2 turns is about .1 bar. Why would you want low boost anyway :p

mushy

Member +
Well when my HKS actuator was fitted, the difference between hi and lo was only about .1 bar. To up your boost, just make the actuator arm shorter, about 2 turns is about .1 bar. Why would you want low boost anyway :p

do you mean 0.1 was the difference? i dont really want to set it at 1bar as i have been told that i need to change the manifold to run at 1 bar and i have only done the following mods so far

fitted mods

blitz nur spec exhuast cat back
blitz sus induction kit
hks actuator

not fitted

hks fcd
decat pipe

monka

Member +
just take the hi low boost function off and run what ever boost ya want to everywhere. well, just not above 0.8 bar

mushy

Member +
just take the hi low boost function off and run what ever boost ya want to everywhere. well, just not above 0.8 bar

So your saying not to run above 0.8 bar with my mods will this be safe and also how do i take the hi low boost off.

monka

Member +
you wont be able tot run over 0.8 bar with out any other mods mate. if you want to, you'll have to put the fcd on with an rrfpr and get it set up on a rolling road.

other wise -

loop the vacuum hose from the compressor housing to the actuator, set the actuator so its the same length as standard, then go out, shorten it in slow gradual steps till you get the boost ya want.

then either just leave the stock boost solinoid off or just leave it there

mushy

Member +
you wont be able tot run over 0.8 bar with out any other mods mate. if you want to, you'll have to put the fcd on with an rrfpr and get it set up on a rolling road.

other wise -

loop the vacuum hose from the compressor housing to the actuator, set the actuator so its the same length as standard, then go out, shorten it in slow gradual steps till you get the boost ya want.

then either just leave the stock boost solinoid off or just leave it there

Thank you for all the advise and help.