Fitted MBC, overboosting

elton

Member +
Hi guys,

I just fitted a manual boost controller. Prob is, im overboosting alhough the bleeder is fully closed anti clockwise.
I thought this was the prob : ball and spring in the t-joint. Therefore i took it off, but still gettin the same results.

I fitted it onto the outter hose of the actuator. Ive no boosting problems before fitting this in. Mind to help? I already bypassed the factory solenoid due to a broken joint at the solenoid itself.

Also, ive noticed that our factory solenoid hoses are a lil... complicated. Anyone care to explain how the pressure goes in/out between the solenoid, atmosphere(hose that goes back into the filter ram), and the two inlets of the actuator>?

Thanks in advance guys :)

corofin12345

Member +
what you driving.. gt or glanza?? the high/low boost solenoid isnt complacated at all.. its only a cut of valve really.. when you put it on low the valve closes and restricts boost.....**route of boost solenoid pipes** pipe comes from turbo 2 actuator.. another pipe leaves the actuator into boost pipe that runs up along cam belt cover(on glanza).. pipe goes from that 2 high/low boost solenoid and pipe comes from high/low boost solenoid 2 turbo intake/air filter pipe.....outer pipe on sloenoid goes 2 turbo intake/airfilter pipe as below in picture...

P1010241.jpg

you could avoid all this and get an hks adjustable actuator..only has one pipe that goes from turbo 2 actuator and has an adjustable arm 2 turn up boost.

hope this helps a bit :)

elton

Member +
what you driving.. gt or glanza?? the high/low boost solenoid isnt complacated at all.. its only a cut of valve really.. when you put it on low the valve closes and restricts boost.....**route of boost solenoid pipes** pipe comes from turbo 2 actuator.. another pipe leaves the actuator into boost pipe that runs up along cam belt cover(on glanza).. pipe goes from that 2 high/low boost solenoid and pipe comes from high/low boost solenoid 2 turbo intake/air filter pipe.....outer pipe on sloenoid goes 2 turbo intake/airfilter pipe as below in picture...

P1010241.jpg

you could avoid all this and get an hks adjustable actuator..only has one pipe that goes from turbo 2 actuator and has an adjustable arm 2 turn up boost.

hope this helps a bit :)

I did like what you said. But right after that, im loosing boost, only boosted at .2 bar. From what i notice, one end of the pipe goes into the atmosphere right before the turbine>?

elton

Member +
Hi bro, many thanks for your reply. However, im still facing problems.

I tried numerous ways :

1. Fitting boost Tee and dial, onto where the solenoid used to be.

2. Fitting boost tee and dial, onto the hose where the boost source is from(turbine housing) , going into the actuator.

3. Blocking off the solenoid path by fitting in a screw into the hose (where it plumbs back into the intake after the solenoid, bypassed already) and following step number 2.

And the results :
1. No boost. probably .2 or .3 only
2. standard .6 - .7
3. standard .6 - .7

I need to understand how this works. How the air flows from the turbine housing, into the actuator, and out back into the solenoid and into the intake.

I mean, it looks like a bleed system. When the valve in the solenoid is fully open, air is let through, into the intake pipe. This way, doesnt the boost escapes?

It is unlike a simple Evo3 system, where there is only one hose to actuator and you just fit a MBC and bleed from there and lets the actuator open at a later stage(higher boost).

Another question is : are our actuators rated at .4 or .65 bar standard?