fitted turbo sounds like no mani!!

TURBO2010

Member +
well got up early dismorning to change my turbo and went outside to find it raining:mad: and as my n.c.t is next saturday and i wont have time during the week i struggled on lying on a wet path, after alot of hearth ache and breaking the 90 bend pipe going from the turbo to the sump witch i was very very lucky to get 1 so quick, i got everything back 2gether, started it up to find it sounding like a rally car! the mani is leaking sumwhere, now i didnt take the mani off when i changed the turbo and gave the 4 bolts bolting it on a good squeeze so has any1 had a similiar problem or might know whats wrong or at least tell me everythings going to b ok cause im going to have a heart attack at a very young age!!:mad:::mad:

bucketep91

Member +
why did you change the turbo?
did you use new gaskets? the back 2 bolts on the ct9 mani/turbo flange are a pig to get at on the car, are you sure there tightened up properly?

TURBO2010

Member +
well i had to put the original cat back on for n.c.t and as i new the turbo was goosed i said id do the lot!! no didnt use new gaskets wish i av now!! im pretty sure they are but ill give another squeeze 2morro, like really and truely that is the only place where it could b loose as i didnt upset the rest of it??

bucketep91

Member +
id change the gaskets mate take the mani off and put everything together and put it back on, its much eaier that way