Fitting Autobahn Mani

hi guys got the autobahn mani
looks good, shame that autobahn plate upside down but still
(Cheers Dave B)

Well if anyone who has also got this, can you tell me how you fit the studs as obviously they dont have anything to tighten too
or maybe im being stupid

Cheers Paul

AS NO1 WILL READ THE ENDING OF THIS THREAD.

the studs which come with the mani are poorly manufactured they should butt up against the flange rather than being sloppy when screwed in. It is well worth getting better studs. I work for volvo and the D5 engine turbo studs are spot bollock on ! easily availiable if anyone needs some they cost about £6 P.M me if thats the case

P.s
PLEASE READ !
Dont buy these manis, they may look good but dont fit well at all ! i had to cut away some of the turbo housing to get it to fit and it still f***ing blows nothing sits right. I take back my original statement on these ........ huge con

Last edited:

dac69er

Super Moderator
remove studs out of old manifold then put innto new one i presume? or thats what i did on my jam mani!?

what studs are you on about mate? the ones on the turbo flange of the manifold?

where the 4 studs come provided? there tapped holes the bolts screw into it.

dac69er

Super Moderator
i have a cast jam manifold mate so its different from what shooting starlet said.

im talking about the 4 studs on the turbo flange. i just removed mine from my stock manifold and then put them into the jam one.

yeah but its not that what im tryin to say mate....
if you put studs in a stock manifold they will stop and tighten up.......yeah
well with this mani they dont tighten up because theres nothing on mani side to tighten up too.
The stud needs to be tight into place
and so does the nut that needs to tighten onto that stud
and noticed one bad thing about this mani is it runs very close to the inlet Hp side of the turbo (up and over pipe for intercooler)

kennymp3

Fresh Recruit
here's a pic of my autobahn setup.....I was aslo confused about the studs for the manifold but just dab a little anti-sieze on the threads going to the new manifold
flange, I know they will feel loose but it will tighten as soon as you tighten down
the turbo.
shop024-1.jpg

Last edited:

kennymp3

Fresh Recruit
be careful mate you dont have a braced de-cat..... watch out for the cracks
take care
Paul

After researching all the debates on T.O and the information
about aftermarket mani's I have decided not to install the
ss mani until I figure out how to brace it. I think I may weld up
a brace that will hold the turbo, I might attach it to the bolt
that holds the heatshield in place.(you can see it in the pic)
I hope that will be sufficent?

TurboDave

Member +
With only 1 hole where the heat shield is the brace will still be able to twist idealy you would need 2 points on the turbo and 2 on the block.

kennymp3

Fresh Recruit
I have two provisions on the block but not sure about the
turbo? Can I just make a brace from the one point on the
turbo and two points on the block? It would look like a /\ shaped
brace, would it still have twisting issue's?

TurboDave

Member +
It would be better than nothing but I would have never gone for stainless steel, you never know though you may be lucky :).

Dave