fitting Canards ? ? ?

cole

Member +
any bodywork wizz kids out there ive got sum carbon canards 2 either side for the front bumper any ideas how to fit them

( they just screw into the bumper with a little bracket and nut and bolt )

what i mean is how can i make sure there both the same either side any ideas ?

drew-turbo

Member +
you could try tape all the way round the bumper. or a tape mesure from the floor to the top of one then the bottom. (btw your avatar looks mint)

cole

Member +
you could try tape all the way round the bumper. or a tape mesure from the floor to the top of one then the bottom. (btw your avatar looks mint)

thanks mate its my wall paper on my phone :rockon:

and i stuck them on with bluetack this morning just to see what they looked like and i could tell they wasn't inline i dont wana drill the bumper untill i no there perfect

GTdan

In The Closet
as drew said - measure and mark out, trial fit, check, remeasure check adjust. then drill lol.

GTdan

In The Closet
ano but i daredent lol i dont wana fuck it up lol

any other ideas ?

get someone to help you and use some double sided sticky tape - as its not as think as blue tack so you can test it better.

you could also use a patracta (them half circle degree measuring tools from maths) to measure the degree on which you want the canards to sit at

apart from taking it to a bodyshop who would do exactly whats suggested (what my bodyshop did on a previous car) im out of ideas.

cole

Member +
get someone to help you and use some double sided sticky tape - as its not as think as blue tack so you can test it better.

you could also use a patracta (them half circle degree measuring tools from maths) to measure the degree on which you want the canards to sit at

apart from taking it to a bodyshop who would do exactly whats suggested (what my bodyshop did on a previous car) im out of ideas.

thanks mate rep added

gv1.3

Admin
put one on one side where you would like it to be with bluetack or tape etc.

Measure the distance from the side of the bumper to the hole for the bracket then measure the distance from the hole for the bracket to the bottom of the bumper.

On the other side measure the same distance in from the side of the bumper and from the bottom of the bumper up and that will give you the position of the hole for your bracket.

Once the bracket is on both sides will be in the same place.

cole

Member +
put one on one side where you would like it to be with bluetack or tape etc.

Measure the distance from the side of the bumper to the hole for the bracket then measure the distance from the hole for the bracket to the bottom of the bumper.

On the other side measure the same distance in from the side of the bumper and from the bottom of the bumper up and that will give you the position of the hole for your bracket.

Once the bracket is on both sides will be in the same place.

thanks