fitting cusco strut brace

glanzaj03

Member +
i totally stripped out the back of my glanza today, side panels, parcel shelf, carpet, back seats and seatbelts - the lot ! i can't believe how noisy it is now, it sounds like the stones flicking up off the tyres are inside the car ! lol. anyway, this is a really stupid question but i'm new to all of this. the strut brace is supplied with 4 bolts, 2 for each side. now what i need to know is when i undo the existing bolts (2 on each side) is there anything i should know or any precautions i should take ? or is it as simple as it seems ? i know it sounds silly but i'd rather be safe than than sorry.

any help would be appreciated.

thanks.

glanzaj03

Member +
wicked idrees, thanks mate. rep added.

so it should be as simple as it looks then ? i'm not gonna undo the bolts and the shock falls off or something !!! lol

EP82

Member +
Yea just undo the bolts around the shock and bolt it back on, nothing will fall off the car lol as the weight will keep the shocks in place :)

Idrees

Banned
Also, remember not to over tighten the suspension bolts when refitting them. The studs can break and its a pain in the ass!

glanzaj03

Member +
Also, remember not to over tighten the suspension bolts when refitting them. The studs can break and its a pain in the ass!

cool. so how tight should i do them ? roughly ? i know that's an impossible question to answer but it might give me some idea.

ps- fitted that handbrake surround today idrees, fits perfectly. thanks again for that dude.

Idrees

Banned
Your welcome bud. Well with my front one, I tightened them until they just felt 'tight' if you know what I mean? Once the rachet became fairly stiff to spin anymore, I kinda left them there. I check them every so often and they've always been good and not loosened. :)

glanzaj03

Member +
Your welcome bud. Well with my front one, I tightened them until they just felt 'tight' if you know what I mean? Once the rachet became fairly stiff to spin anymore, I kinda left them there. I check them every so often and they've always been good and not loosened. :)

yeah that's wicked mate, i know exactly what you mean.

cheers mate.

glanzaj03

Member +
Yea just undo the bolts around the shock and bolt it back on, nothing will fall off the car lol as the weight will keep the shocks in place :)

thanks mate, better to be safe than sorry. i just thought maybe the shock could drop and then there would't be enough thread sticking out to get the bolt on.

cheers.

EP82

Member +
Na you wont have that problem mate, bolts just come off both sides then pop the strut in place and tighted as idrees said.