fitting greddy rear strut brace ep82

dantheman

Member +
how have you chaps fitted one to an ep82, as theres only 2 holes, and theres 4 studs on the car, 2 of which arent getting used.. i can cut them off easily enough however the 2 studs i need to bolt the strut brace to are a centre metre deeper than the other 2.. (the 2 that i will cut off are raised up, so the strut is ganna bottom out on the raised sections..)

(those of you who have fitted one will know what i mean)

ta :)

dantheman

Member +
:eek: cut away what?

fishy managed to do it on his but his studs look longer on his suspension than what mine are

IMG_1486-01800x600.jpg

dac69er

Super Moderator
my cusco brace has the holes 4 for the 4 studs. earlier Gts (like mine) only have the 2 studs for the struts anyway.

dantheman

Member +
try'd that, the 2 studs are a different distance apart than the ones holding the shock to the chassis.

some fabrication is in order me thinks.. lol

dantheman

Member +
so you can build engine's but cant work out to get that to fit's:haha::haha:
grinder mate and hammer;)

:haha: thats your solution to everything g :p i wont be butchering it, i know how to fit it but just wanna see what other peeps have done, just seems abit silly it dont fit? i will fabricate some new strut brace mounts no prob. ;)

_GAZ_EP85_

Member +
LOL, hope you dont weld it up after seeing the bird shit u left on that exhaust u sold to james :p

but to fit that u will need to get rid of them to raise bit on the turret

GTnomez

Member +
my rear strut brace has four holes on it but it only catches two bolts as the other two bolts are slightly lower

jonny-boi32

Member +
bumping an old thread up, ive just bought one of these, although the strut top is uneven so it sits flat with the lower strut bolts, the the one above needed spacers. but is it better to cut the unused bolts off or drill holes in the strut mounts?? would the other 2 bolts not help with the supporting of the rear??