Fitting oil pressure and water temp gauge????

Tomtheman2

Fresh Recruit
I am trying to fit a oil pressure and water temp gauge to my glanza, but I cannot figure out where to put the senders. They are electrical gauges. Does anyone have any photos of them doing it?

Also, is the cigarette lighter an ignition feed?

Thanks,

accent_97

Member +
I am trying to fit a oil pressure and water temp gauge to my glanza, but I cannot figure out where to put the senders. They are electrical gauges. Does anyone have any photos of them doing it?

Also, is the cigarette lighter an ignition feed?

Thanks,

ignition feed is under the stearing i belive , pop up the plastic trim and see the wires that are going down from the key probably will be red and around 3mm thick , you can check by using a bulb or a meter to be certain which one

corofin12345

Member +
the new oil pressure sender unit will go in place of the factory oil pressure sender unit 2 the right of the block at the front.. i spliced into the radio for ignition but you can also use the cig lighter for this

Last edited:

Tomtheman2

Fresh Recruit
Hi, i have found 2 sender things but I cannot take a photo of them at the moment. They are both located to the right of the engine no further than 15cm away. One has a green plastic connector (facing toward the back of car) and the other is white (facing up). Is the green the water sensor? and the white one the oil sender?

Thanks for the help,

Tomtheman2

Fresh Recruit
I have connected a wire to the green plug thing. My dad confirmed it was the water temp sender. I connected it up and the gauge went up and read 40 degrees. I ran the car for about 5 mins and it didn't move, I presume I have to drive it to make the temp go up?

For the oil pressure could I just use a oil filter block adaptor sandwich thing? Then I wouldn't have to tap into the block.

Any help is great,

Thanks,

corofin12345

Member +
I have connected a wire to the green plug thing. My dad confirmed it was the water temp sender. I connected it up and the gauge went up and read 40 degrees. I ran the car for about 5 mins and it didn't move, I presume I have to drive it to make the temp go up?

For the oil pressure could I just use a oil filter block adaptor sandwich thing? Then I wouldn't have to tap into the block.

Any help is great,

Thanks,

ya that will be grand for the oil pressure sender... i think that temp sensor with the green connector is for the fan and might not work for the temp gauge..did you not get a sender unit for the water temp gauge

jjayokocha

Ulster Area Rep
for my water temp i got the adapter that fits into the rad hose and the sensor plugs down into it. Noticed on scøobys glanza his oil gauge is nt wired in through oil filter so will have a look how his is dne.