Fitting Oil sandwich plate for gauges

Nwimie

Member +
Hi ive had a search but cant find exactly what im after i know im probley going to have to grind away some of the powersteering bracket to fit one but has anyone got a picture of where i have to alter the bracket. picture of one fitted, or a link to a plate that is small enough to fit without modification.

any help welcomed.
Thanks Tim

danb87

South East England Area Rep
im pretty sure its easier too grind a bit of the sandwich plate off matey. an ive seen that alot more than grinding at the pump :)

well i took the standard 4e oil filter adaptor off and took the studs out and used the other oil gauge hole for the turbo feed so sweet as i nut, basically i did this coz i didnt want to tap the holes for the studs on the 5e so easyer both ways

but as dan said just grind a little bit away till it clears, DONT GRIND THE PUMP its a high pressure pump just weakening it i know a little bit dont matter but its that size for a reason lol

turbo head

Munster Area Rep.
just hod it up to it and mark it wit a permant marker its a piece of cake just take plenty off and ul be grand u not going to affect the bracket by doing this it wil still work pertfect

Vincent-ep91

Member +
it may seem obvious but before you start grinding, remove the bracket.
dont take the short cut of trying to grind it on the car.
this is because the grinder will no doubt touch off the surface that the sandwitch plate bolts two.... and hey presto u have to go off and buy a new part coz oil will leak .
just a bit of advice :p