fitting Xenons in a EP82 quad lamp

superman

Fresh Recruit
Hello

ive recently brought a starlet GT turbo N reg quad lamp model and recently brought some H4 6000 HIDs

now the problem i have is the bulb doesnt fit into where the origional bulb is. When you put the origional bulb in you twist it to lock in place. however the H4 xenon bulb doesnt fit. (hope it makes sense)

has anyone else fitted xenons into there quad lamp

thanks

jonny-boi32

Member +
quadlights low beams are 9005 bulbs. so you have bought the wrong ones, so you may have to trim the fins down to make them fit. or if the fins do fit you will have to change the rubber rings from the old bulbs aswell.

superman

Fresh Recruit
Seriously.. well thats good to know as i thought i would never be able to fit xenons..
i looked online and i read someone where that they were H4... oh well.. thanks for the response.

jonny-boi32

Member +
Seriously.. well thats good to know as i thought i would never be able to fit xenons..
i looked online and i read someone where that they were H4... oh well.. thanks for the response.

no boss 9005, plenty off threads about the fitment on here. just trim the fins down if they line up anywhere near where they should. and also remember the plug has to go on the wrong way round, + goes to -

superman

Fresh Recruit
no boss 9005, plenty off threads about the fitment on here. just trim the fins down if they line up anywhere near where they should. and also remember the plug has to go on the wrong way round, + goes to -

ok. on mine the plug that connects to the origional light bulb. the 2 wires are both red. how do i know which ones which.

braindamage

Member +
I did a face lift a few months ago and i have 3 hid kits on my car.Dim ,bright and the fogs.When i first got the i was curious as to which bulbs would fit and i was told it was 9006 for the dim and 9005 for the bright.I ordered the kit and the 9006 could not work cause the seat in the lamp was too small .The 9005 fits bu u have to trim one of the leg on the side of the bulb.I also went a step further (which i should have posted ) by modifying the light switch itself to get all 4 light to be on when i hit the high beam

quadlights low beams are 9005 bulbs. so you have bought the wrong ones, so you may have to trim the fins down to make them fit. or if the fins do fit you will have to change the rubber rings from the old bulbs aswell.

what are the full beams?

Last edited: