fittting power stering pump on a 5e???

pc18

North West England Area Rep.
fittting power steering pump on a 5e???

ive been trying for ages to work out getting the power steering pmp onto my 5e ive got both 4e and 5e pumps and both bracket setups and i just cant seem to work out how the support bracket fits on with the pump.

ive got the pump on with the top bolt through and i put the belt on so i can get a ruff idea where the pump will sit but i just cant work out this support bracket. have i missed something?

Last edited:

pc18

cheers mate where do the spacers go? are they just to space the support bracket out from the block?

Last edited:

weeJohn

Lifer
I have never did this but I cant understand why there is a problem getting the brackets and pump to fit onto the blocks and head they have been designed for. I can only assume that the problem is getting the belt on, perhaps its length is not allowing the pump to sit above the support bracket????

If so, why not try going to an auto factors and see if they have a longer belt?

whiteglanzav

Member +
this is the best pik i have to show,

17072010509.jpg

essentially the 5e block is 17mm taller than the 4e one so it throws the adjuster out by around that much which is why you need the spacer,

the spacer pushes the pump outward from the block which lets the bottom part of the pump sit ontop of the adjuster screw which it wouldnt otherwise because it would be too far away from it due to the diffrence in block size - the powersteering belt has enough room for adjustment to be able to get it on right and make it tight enough, -

once you get the longer bolts the spacers sit in between the cylinder head and the pump bracket - if you can see close enough from the pik

does that make sense lol ???

pc18

I have never did this but I cant understand why there is a problem getting the brackets and pump to fit onto the blocks and head they have been designed for. I can only assume that the problem is getting the belt on, perhaps its length is not allowing the pump to sit above the support bracket????

If so, why not try going to an auto factors and see if they have a longer belt?

i have a brand new 5e belt for a paseo without air con and the belt fits on and the length of it is fine but the brack just wouldnt fit.

thanks for the pics thats great i will have a go tomorrow hopefully. ive tried to give you some rep but it says i need to spread it around more first lol.

whiteglanzav

Member +
oooooohhhhh snap lol

i went to the scrappers the other day on a lighter note lol he says he is still looking for one or 2 :)

i didnt do any thing lol i did it another way didnt think of your way but its better then mine lol does that just allow it to come forward more so that the pretension bolt can wind up long enough

pc18

its so that the bolt can go through the bottom of the pump and through the curved groove on the support bracket that bolts to the block. iv about got mine sorted now, i just need to get a spacer made and the bolts.

i got the long bolt that goes up through the support bracket and pushes the pump up from toyota for a 5e.

Last edited: