florida or ibiza/magaluf

richglanzav

Member +
hey every1 im undecided where to go on my first proper holiday. its come down to a str8 choice between a europe holiday like ibiza/magaluf for a week or florida for 2 weeks. ive never been on holiday abroad b4, so any1 got any advice cus i generally av no idea which one to go for but have till friday to choose :)

atm im slightly swayed towards florida...but yeh. sum1 help! :haha:

gv1.3

Admin
been on loads of package holidys to spain/greece etc and wouldnt bother again. Go to Florida man you will have a great time :) And the exchange rate on the $ is good at the moment.

Boab

Member +
go to florida lad, loads to do there. fair enuf most of it is disney stuff but still. thats what I think anyway. :)

gv1.3

Admin
man Ive been here for over a year and still havent been to disney... so much more to do than that.

ChrisGT

Member +
Florida. Been to Disneyland twice when I was a kid and will be going there in 2010 to see a friend whos at uni in Jacksonville!

Andyep82

Member +
if your into your clubbing scene go to ibiza i went a few years back and it was amazin but i needed a holiday when i got back to get over it and be prepared to spend loads of money out there to if your gooin to go to the big clubs etc i spent 2k in two weeks and was still skint near the end of the holiday but was worth every penny:beer::beer::beer:

liam2368

Member +
i'd go to florida but its a hell of a lot more expensive, im looking to go at the minute and the prices are stupid in some places.

dantheman

Member +
cant believe you even asking which of the 2 :confused: states rocks mate :rockon: go to miami if you can, ive been going there every year for the last few years :cool:

jamesbaa

Member +
Iv heard your looking at 50euro's to get in a good club in ibiza!!

Florida is cheap, probably abour $10 max to get in then cheap drink!!

Last edited:

squeekyduck

Member +
so lets say for a week how much am i gna wna take spending money to ibiza/florida. which ones more expensive.

Ibiza would be more expensive. Its a tourist trap, and prices are through the roof. Also, you got to think about your exchange rates. Your sterling is worth F all now bud. You will need at least €500 per week in Ibiza mate.

dantheman

Member +
the £ to euro is VERY bad at the moment. :eek: i went to france not so long ago and the average ps3 game worked out to be £50 minimum :eek:

MikeN

Member +
I went to Florida last November and had a great time.
Make sure you rent a car though.
We did Miami / Orlando and the Bahama's.
The cruise to the bahama's was so much fun and if you don't go drinking all day like we did it's pretty cheap.

If i would go to Orlando again i would stay closer to downtown Orlando, we had a great night out there.
There was not much to do around the hotel we stayed in (close to disney).
Probably great for family's but not if you want to go out (stayed at the Best Western Lakeside).

In Miami we stayed a couple days in the Newport Beachside Hotel, which is great but not to close to South Beach.
And a couple of days in Circa39 Hotel, which was closer to south beach.
Both where nice hotels under $100 a night.

Last edited:

cameroon95

Member +
Hey duide, iv been to florida a few times and im going again in october with the misses:)

It really depends on what type of holiday you want, if you want to meet lots of english people abroad go to ibiza/spain:p

In all seriousness though florida is amazing,really.

Our holiday in october is costing 900 each for the hotel and breakfest(essential by the way as you'll have quite a bit of early starts going to the parks etc).
This includes a basic rental car.

For spending im taking a 1k to get the most of it, for food,shopping and park tickets.

If you go in october make sure you go to halloween horror nights at universal studios, had such a good time there 2 years ago.

The theme was leatherface,jason, and freddy. Check out the official site.

Food and drink are quite cheap