FMIC with least bumper modification?

DaveEG

Member +
Which FMIC kit can I fit to my EP91 with as little bumper modification as possible?

I've read the HDI one needs alot of cutting, so not too bothered with that, and dont want to spend any more than around £500.

I was looking at the Speedvision FMIC, does anyone have experience with this kit? If so is it easily fitted with little cutting and how does it perform vs other coolers?

Any other recommendations?

Thanks
Dave

DaveEG

Member +
Cheers for the replies, Jayc do you have any pictures of thefront bumper showing what you cut out?

Cheers

flyingorphan

Member +
Handy thread, think ive decided on Wepr for least amount of cutting. That King thread on intercoolers is the best!!! :shoot:

jonny-boi32

Member +
trevors intercooler kits fit behind glanza bumper with no trimming!! smaller cooler than the likes of j performance, greddy and def hdi, so less lag. mine should be fitted 2moro hopefully.

jjayokocha

Ulster Area Rep
I have the older WEPR kit on my car and it was an excellent fit with no cutting at all. just ordered a speedvision kit for my mate so will let you know how it goes when we fit it.

Arnold

Lifer
Here's my Wepr fitted a couple of days ago. I've bought different joiners for it, but as you can see no bumper modifications.

fusion93.jpg

fusion96.jpg

fusion98.jpg

Nayls

Member +
i have an hdi cooler & will be fitting a new front bumper in the next few weeks & i will not be cutting it!!

some way some how im gonna get it on :)

Fusion Ed

Fresh Recruit
Yes the bumper bar was trimmed. Took all of 10 minutes so I'd argue that it was quicker and far neater than cutting the bumper. Also some additional brackets were welded to the intercooler to support it from the top. Its now so sturdy I could put my entire weight on it and it didn't move at all.

Ed

HYBRID

Super Moderator <a href="http://www.toyotagtturbo.
For the glanza the only jdm fmic kit which doesnt involve any cutting is the greddy r-spl kit :)

Of course there are other brands which fit without trimming, i just reccomended the one which is the best imo.

Kon