for all the dj's

Dj ep

Member +
im in need of a new mixer i have been running a djm300 for about 10 years and the x fader has final died . i will be looking for a 4 channel . and it must have the cd/phone switch going up and down it's the only way i can scratch i have tryed to re learn on the faders but it's not happening ( + can't get used to left to right switch ).. any advice would be great i have looked around and everything seems to have the switch going left to right or you just can't make them out in the photo .

davehart

Member +
CD/Phone switch?

You mean the CD/Phono switch at the top of eash channel?

The whole range of mixers from Pioneer have those as well as a few of the Vextax mixers.

If you want a 4 channel one thats good for scratching then I would have the DJM800. Its a monster of a mixer.

Dj ep

Member +
yep at the top of channel i use them to scratch as long as they go up and down not left to right ... all the new pioneer seem to be left to right .

in know the only thing i want is for the switch to go up and down ..

davehart

Member +
Or if you need a four channel one the Ecler NUO4 should suit the job.

All the other top brand mixer makers dont have the 'up/down' switch.

Dub-Se7en

Lifer
ecler are the bomb.

learnt to scratch on the transform(line) switches years ago, but moved to the xfader. the transforms are pretty limited in what you can do so i would really force yourself to move on to the xfader, try reversing it and cutting hamster style and see if that helps.

there's a few mixers out there with transform switches that are fully rotatable so you can angle them where you want, the pioneer djm909 and Stanton sa-5 (both of which i own) spring to mind. neither are 4 channels though....

Dub-Se7en

Lifer
stanton sa-5

SA-5_LG.jpg

the line switches are rotateable and are optical so they're like mini faders, proper nice.

djm 909

djm909top_medium.jpg

that's got dedicated transform switches above the faders.

Dj ep

Member +
thanks to everyone keep them coming im liking that pioneer 1 don't have to be 4 channel right now just thinking of getting some cdjs soon ish