for any1 interested - a link to some of my pics on photobucket :) finally

Iain@CRD

Lifer
Your old Starlet is now my fathers car. Bought it with a humped engine and now its got a forged td04 hybrid on it. Cars came a long long way, replaced alot of the interior on it also and tidyied it up a good bit.

IMG00028-20101216-1407.jpg

IMG00040-20110114-1505.jpg

Last edited:

sparky87

Member +
NOOOOOOO WAY !!! thats amazing man ! i sold it 2007 with 125k miles and the engine was done,to a boy in stirling.then about 2009 i seen it on pistonheads and it was in port glasgow or greenock cant mind,went down to see it as he was interested in a swap for my mates car.the guy said he fully rebuilt the engine ect.... but it was a total bag of shit (the engine) even broke down lol.
the body was mint when i sold her apart from a broken wind deflector/dent in door?

its amazing to see her !! and looking gorgeous mate :) :) :)

Iain@CRD

Lifer
NOOOOOOO WAY !!! thats amazing man ! i sold it 2007 with 125k miles and the engine was done,to a boy in stirling.then about 2009 i seen it on pistonheads and it was in port glasgow or greenock cant mind,went down to see it as he was interested in a swap for my mates car.the guy said he fully rebuilt the engine ect.... but it was a total bag of shit (the engine) even broke down lol.
the body was mint when i sold her apart from a broken wind deflector/dent in door?

its amazing to see her !! and looking gorgeous mate :) :) :)

My mate the one from Port glasgow bought it, engine died on him and he bought a second hand engine which also failed. Stupidly he got a bucky job done on the engine after me offering to rebuild it. The mechanic took the "best parts" from both engines to build 1, needless to say it was filled with the 3x as much oil as it should have had and was knocking its tits off. Car done around 25 miles between MOT's.

We replaced the broken wind deflector, just the bodywork that needs touching up but atleast its mechanically in the meantime. My old man bought it as a project after retiring from the Police after 31 years.

sparky87

Member +
its great to see it again ! an it amazes me that its still kicking around this area.
what state was she in when you got her ? u have this then and your own gt ? well you and your dad ?
btw your dad sound quality :) lol just the fact hes got a gt is cool lol

Iain@CRD

Lifer
Aye ive got mine and hes got his. Went to see it and started her up and its the worst sounding engine ive heard to date, the D2's where shagged on it so we had to replace all the shockers with replacements from D2. Took the engine out and got it forged, its an exact copy to my spec.

sparky87

Member +
yeah you can say that again about the engine,it was like rattling nuts an bolts in a metal tin! 1 of the front shocks had blown aswell when i got rid (thay had only been on the car a few months aswell :( ) shocking lol