for u guys using a eletronic boost controller and external wastegate

morpheus

Member +
hi
i want to know which boost source u have used to feed the external wastegate and the boost controller pressure sensor.....
i plummed my wastegate boost source in the compressor outlet and the pressure sensor to the intake mani....
some people are saying the pressure sensor should also be plummed in the turbo compressor nipple..same as the wastegate boost source...
whats ur advice...
i tried both way with the pressure sensor connected to the intake mani,i get ,5 bar instead of .7 (wastegate spring)
with the pressure sensor conncted to the turbo compressor nipple outlet i get .66 bar..

what the best solution guys...

HYBRID

Super Moderator <a href="http://www.toyotagtturbo.
as for the boost source for the bottom port of the wg use the turbo outlet.. or any nipple you have available before the throttle body.

hook the senor up to the same place as your guages are... udont want to have 2 different readings.. ie usually we hook all pressure sensors to T's attached to just under the map sensor as technically that is what your ecu is seeing... so u should be seeing the same for all your presure sensors :D

hope that helps
kon

morpheus

Member +
cheers kon that what i was thinking,,thks a lot mate.....and thats how my set up was but the only thing i get .5 bar instead of .7 with bosst controller off...does this matter?

HYBRID

Super Moderator <a href="http://www.toyotagtturbo.
not really bro... whats important is that when its tuned on that it gets you to the boost its set at ;)

kon

morpheus

Member +
at 1st i thought it was boost leak...did some leak tests all little leaks sorted..but still .5 instead of .7..
then thought it was a wastegate problem stick a air compressor to it off the car and it opens at .7 sharp..means that the spring is ok...
did know what to do next..lol
anyway kon am glad to hear that this is normal..
now i can go and remap my car...
thks bro