Forum bug reports

gv1.3

Admin
Hi all,

As you have seen there are three new styles available, a wide screen, a regular screen and a mobile style. The design and layout are pretty much complete with some minor adjustments still to be made, more cosmetic than anything else.

As always there will be issues with links not working or color contrasts making text difficult to read etc and we need you to report these to us. Could you please report all issues you find in this thread please.

Be sure to only report issues not request features! If you want a feature added please open a new thread in the suggestions forum.

Please include a link to the page you experience the problem on or a screenshot and we will do our best to resolve these as quickly as we can.

Thanks!

Issue reported by Derek: When logging in username text is not displayed as you type.

corofin12345

Member +
not a huge deal dylan but i dont think the search feature is a good as it used to be.. i used 2 for instance put in a key word such as "base timing" or "ignition timing" and the search would bring up what i needed to know straight away on the first page.. now it brings up posts nothing to do with what im looking for and i find the only way of finding things you want is to put in the actual name of the thread posted which is hard enough if your as absent minded as i am..lol... took me ages today 2 find the high/low bypass procedure.. type in "high/low solenoid bypass" in the search and you will see what i mean.. just a little niggly point man.. :)

gv1.3

Admin
not a huge deal dylan but i dont think the search feature is a good as it used to be.. i used 2 for instance put in a key word such as "base timing" or "ignition timing" and the search would bring up what i needed to know straight away on the first page.. now it brings up posts nothing to do with what im looking for and i find the only way of finding things you want is to put in the actual name of the thread posted which is hard enough if your as absent minded as i am..lol... took me ages today 2 find the high/low bypass procedure.. type in "high/low solenoid bypass" in the search and you will see what i mean.. just a little niggly point man.. :)

search is extremely important mate so I will check in to that and see what can be done.

EDIT: Just did a search for "high/low solenoid bypass" and got a thread with a tutorial on the first page. Looks to be working. Can you give me some more examples. If there is an issue we will certainly look in to it.

corofin12345

Member +
wtf.. lol.. that was not there the last 2 times i searched.. its seems on the search the first 6 thread or so are from today no matter what you search then jumps back to threads from 2008, 2009... hope my eyes are not playing tricks.. try " few bits for sale *ireland only* " its my for sale thread word for word.. used to come up straight away on top.. sorry if im digging a hole that shouldt be dug.. if so ill put myself in it a you can lay the sod.. lol

pig666eon

Member +
wtf.. lol.. that was not there the last 2 times i searched.. its seems on the search the first 6 thread or so are from today no matter what you search then jumps back to threads from 2008, 2009... hope my eyes are not playing tricks.. try " few bits for sale *ireland only* " its my for sale thread word for word.. used to come up straight away on top.. sorry if im digging a hole that shouldt be dug.. if so ill put myself in it a you can lay the sod.. lol

x2 all you get is old posts from 2007/8 i had some links like well balanced 200bhp by toy tuning and its just coming up error 404 and some other old useful links ive tried to get on the last week

gv1.3

Admin
haha :) Ill take a proper look at it later and see what can be done. Maybe the search database needs to be re-indexed or something.

xi had some links like well balanced 200bhp by toy tuning and its just coming up error 404 and some other old useful links ive tried to get on the last week
That is a different thing mate. The new version of vbulletin uses different links and so links you may have to old threads may not work anymore. The threads are still there they just live at a different link. You should be able to search for them but if the search is showing problems like Corofin says then it will prove difficult to find them. Lets see what we can do about making the search work a bit better.

Somhairle

Lifer
I seem to get *a moderator has not approved your post" etc, when I post in any section!

Error.jpg

Last edited:

gv1.3

Admin
The replies and views beside the threads don't seem to update very quickly dylan. Maybe it's just me and my old age :)
That is set at a low update frequency right now until we have everything stable. It puts some stress on the server so I want to turn it up once things are running as normal and then assess the impact it has. Nice spot!

I seem to get *a moderator has not approved your post" etc, when I post in any section!

Error.jpg

I just changed your usergroup settings, can you give it a whirl now.

Somhairle

Lifer
testing 1,2,3....

sorted Dylan, cheers!

I'll give it a good snagging tonight and report anything else I find :)

Top job so far!

gv1.3

Admin
Frankie just reported - Text on Forum home says - Welcome to the toyotagtgtturbo.com

Added to the list.

Somhairle

Lifer
is it just me, or on the forum home page is text missing at the end of sentences?

for example it says "now it is where you need it whenever you need i"

cross those T's and dot them I's Dylan :)

Oh and forum latest on the portal page don't update quickly (but im assuming thats down to the reasons mentioned above)

Beer will shortly be in hand.......

can_of_worms_ahead.jpg

Last edited:

gv1.3

Admin
is it just me, or on the forum home page is text missing at the end of sentences?

for example it says "now it is where you need it whenever you need i"

cross those T's and dot them I's Dylan :)

Its there, must not be displaying correctly for you. Can you tell me what resolution your screen is set to please.

gv1.3

Admin
lol at the can of worms... uh oh.

1440 X 900 feckin show off.

I will add it to the list, probably just needs some sort of padding to stop the text running off the edge. Thanks!