Found....nice TRD toyota levin - if anyone's interested

G5EGM

Lifer
was on pistonheads n found this nice levin f/s.....

http://www.pistonheads.com/sales/2028248.htm

2028248-1.jpg

wesgt

Lifer
wouldn't pull you out of bed, hard on fuel, and superstrut models give trouble and is pricey to repair, i took one as a trade in once and couldn't get rid quick enough, horrible interiors too! all noise and go no where imo

kellygt

Member +
Nice car there but if you drove one you wouldnt like em they handle fairly well but there just not that powerful in my opinion my friend had one it made 162bhp and 123lbs/ft on Xtreme autos inertia dyno but just didnt seem all that powerful and I drove it at its limit

Foggy

Member +
Nice car there but if you drove one you wouldnt like em they handle fairly well but there just not that powerful in my opinion my friend had one it made 162bhp and 123lbs/ft on Xtreme autos inertia dyno but just didnt seem all that powerful and I drove it at its limit

xtreme autos dyno is a joke tbh......

HutchGlanzaV

Member +
Would I be a proper tart if I bought it for the looks? lol

Performance wise are you guys comparing it to a gt/glanza? Coz I wouldn't expect anything like a starlets performance, it is only a 1.6 n/a after all.

What UKDM 1.6 n/a would you say its comparable to?

popsy09

Munster Area Rep.

Performance wise are you guys comparing it to a gt/glanza? Coz I wouldn't expect anything like a starlets performance, it is only a 1.6 n/a after all.

its about par with a sir civic i only ever took a type r once ,i think there a great car loved mine but just make sure you get a clean one

kellygt

Member +

Probably be quicker than a Honda Civic vti as the one my friend had used to kick the nuts off his brothers eg civic sir II

Foggy

Member +
I think there a good car apart from the super strut going wrong in them. I was in a few there fairly quick about the same as a std glanza v. Engines are bomb proof seen a few with 250000km and still going strong. There known to burn oil so check the oil level. Even if you do buy one that burns a bit of oil nothing to worrie about really as long as you keep a eye on it. Also i found them to be a very comfy car and handling is fairly good too.

Kevy-glanza

Fresh Recruit
Well chaps (and chapettes), the main mechanical differences are as follows;

the BZR has a 6-speed box, LSD and superstrut suspension, which I believe the ST205 Celica GT4 also has... whereas the BZG has a 5-speeder (which is supposedly stronger), pikey open diff and macpherson struts all round. And they both have the exact same engine.

I think the superstruts are just more track orientated suspension straight from the factory. Not sure why they apparently go wrong all the time though. I've been looking into these for a little while now for the lady-she's got her G-wagon up for sale (yes, we have 2 silver ones between us). There's one for sale round my way that we quite like the look of, it's a black BZG and should be round about the same as the EK4 we used to have.

Kev