Front brake upgrade?

OllieTurbo

Member +
Im looking for a decent front brake upgrade for my glanza V , Ive scanned some of the traders websites, and found you can get the uprated discs and pads packages from the likes of tuning developments and tm developments. However is there a more powerfull jap car that you can take discs and calipers off of that will fit to a starlet? For example when i had my 106 gti , i used 306 gti6 brakes on it, as thats a commonly done thing. So just wondering if there are any common upgrades of bigger and better discs and calipers that fit the ep91? off the likes of a skyline or something like that?

easty-5

Member +
It is a complete ballache to do. Try and find a 2nd hand complete kit. Saves you the hastle and hardwork.

Either that or pay the extortionate prices for a set of willwood 4-pots.

If it's just fast road use then look at getting some decent disks and pads, braided lines and good brake fluid.

Blak_Mamber

Member +
Yes mate, the drilled disks, braided lines, pads, fluid really does make a difference to stock brakes.

Im using

EBC drilled/grooved disks
Hawk Pads
S/S braided lines all round
5.1 fluid

Hardly get much brake fade when fast road driving & stops very well, especially when warmed up.

Defo good for up to 200hp ish... would advise to upgrade further if pushing more bhp...

OllieTurbo

Member +
hmmm going to be running a td04 at 1bar in a couple of months time :| you not rekon that tuning developments kit will be good enough for that then ?

Blak_Mamber

Member +
hmmmm it may struggle to be honest..... its a good setup up to around 200bhp..

Sanchez hooked up a good Levin brake upgrade, not sure how much that costs, i'd imagine around £300-400. Other than that, you may have to just splash out on Wilwoods or something if you dont wanna fuck about & modify celica ones etc.... Would be good to get some 2nd hand wilwoods, but thats very rare to see.

GTdan

In The Closet
i ran the tuning developments package round the track day at llandow, suffered no brake fade, and it was more than up to the abuse it got - especially coming into that bus stop.

OllieTurbo

Member +
hmmmm it may struggle to be honest..... its a good setup up to around 200bhp..

Sanchez hooked up a good Levin brake upgrade, not sure how much that costs, i'd imagine around £300-400. Other than that, you may have to just splash out on Wilwoods or something if you dont wanna fuck about & modify celica ones etc.... Would be good to get some 2nd hand wilwoods, but thats very rare to see.

hmm , ye ill have to have a think, just seems a lot to spend on brakes, but suppose they are pretty important

i ran the tuning developments package round the track day at llandow, suffered no brake fade, and it was more than up to the abuse it got - especially coming into that bus stop.

ahhright, what sorta power your car running mate?

weakboy2

Member +
stock starlet brakes (any make disc/pad/design) are ok for fast road.

Track you need bigger/better brakes (unless running like stock-160bhp)