Front Exit Exhaust????

GTWorld

Member +
Hi Guys quick question for you, ive been thinking about getting a front exit but not too sure how it would be on my car...

My Spec List
FMIC
CT9B Turbo Running 1 Bar
Uprated Mani
FPR
Forged Piston and rods

I think thats all i can think of atm..

Opinions Please

Glanza Phil

Member +
would get the spent gasses out a lot quicker and they sound immense, i love mine, possibly a bit of power gain too

Glanza Phil

Member +
Sweet all i need now is to get one... Where can these be purchased or they just custom made???

gotta be custom made i got an old exhaust cut off the flange that goes onto the cat then a length of 2.5" exhaust pipe from ajays motor factors and a back box i liked the look of on ebay then got my mate set to with a welder

lingl9z

Member +
take your decat to rsr or longlife + a backbox and they'll make you one! speak to dan starlet3sgte, he got one from Longlife and didnt cost too much!

GTWorld

Member +
Right ill have to buy a flange because hopefully selling my full exhaust systme would get me enough money to do the front exit

lingl9z

Member +
really cheap to make mate, dans cost £125 iirc also speak to Chris ChrisGT as he can comment on 1bar on a front side exit, think his was cheap also!

ChrisGT

Member +
My side exit was around £40ish for the backbox, then a Japspeed de-cat, plus £90 labour and materials from Powerflow. So £130 plus whatever a Japspeed de-cat costs! So quite cheap in terms of exhaust systems!

Mine sounded nice, both on and off boost. Screamed very loud on boost though! When I had it and running 1Bar it made normal-ish BHP figures but seemed to produce lots of torque...not sure if the exhaust was the reason, but yeah, it was good but I fancied a normal rear exit exhaust so sold it! I got some pics if you want a looksee.

ChrisGT

Member +
On the car:

100_1175.jpg

100_1179.jpg

100_1178.jpg

100_1183.jpg

100_1181.jpg

100_1089.jpg

Off the car:

Photo0070.jpg

Photo0075.jpg

Photo0074.jpg

GTWorld

Member +
Need to get the flange where can i get one from??
And as for rep aint leeting me says i must share the love before giving you some again lol...

Dan3SGTE

Member +
yeah mine cost me £100 from long life but i had no back box, just hard pipe welded off the downpipe.......

Picture:
fewpicsofthebumperoff001.jpg

Finishedsprayedstarlet005.jpg

OFF CAR:
Wrappedsideexitexhaust001.jpg

I'll be honest though, i wouldnt have it again. Way too loud and caused me alot of problems with boost etc. But if mapped properly will be ok... Mine was a slightly different situation.

GTWorld

Member +
Nice mate yeah i would have to have a back box as my parents would go mad with the noise cheers for the pics though REPPED

GTWorld

Member +
The only over idea is i take the silencer out of my current exhaust so then i just have my back box will this increase BHP?? and it would be nosier?

Dan3SGTE

Member +
The only over idea is i take the silencer out of my current exhaust so then i just have my back box will this increase BHP?? and it would be nosier?

A sliencer will restrict flow to a certain extent. So yeah it will improve velocity in the exhaust system which = more power.

and it will also be noisier.

damot

Fresh Recruit
yeah mine cost me £100 from long life but i had no back box, just hard pipe welded off the downpipe.......

Picture:
fewpicsofthebumperoff001.jpg

Finishedsprayedstarlet005.jpg

OFF CAR:
Wrappedsideexitexhaust001.jpg

I'll be honest though, i wouldnt have it again. Way too loud and caused me alot of problems with boost etc. But if mapped properly will be ok... Mine was a slightly different situation.

i bet that was soo loud i,i snapped my exhaust not so long ago near the middle box and it aws naerly undriveable from the noise when it was on boost which is most of the tym lol