Front mount exhaust on a CT9 ???

Good or bad? On a CT9,running standard boost or 1 bar.I hear talk of back pressure but is that not just down to the silencers (or lack of) in the system? Is it going to sound shit though? Dont want it sounding farty :p:p

Whos running one? What there opinion? How is it to live with everyday?

G

gaz_turbo1

don't no what it would sound like on ct9, i am going to get a subaru down pipe for my td05 3" should sound mad on 1.5 of boost

dac69er

Super Moderator
will sound like a tractor until its on boost! if you get an end can of some sort on it it may soften the sound and make it sound a little nicer!

Yeah dac, thats my worry, the GT's can sound abit tractory when driving normal with the likes of a WEPR system on them so this would be worse, but was thinking of a decent silencer in there aswell.....

dac69er

Super Moderator
mine is real borderline tractor. have blitz decat and then a 2" mild steel system with no boxes and then a small end can. can sound a little tractory

C

CaL

lol mines got a blitz decat and 2.5" all the way ....the can has basically no mesh in the back box....it is a tractor....

99glanzav

Banned
mine is real borderline tractor. have blitz decat and then a 2" mild steel system with no boxes and then a small end can. can sound a little tractory
2'' system will really be restricting your power!maybe best upgrade to 2.5'' before installing the pfc?

my system on the glanza was a full 2.5'' stainless 5zigen(no boxes,they were replaced with stainless tubing..) with 2.5 decat and mani..... and it was very very loud on boost(depends what you want streetracer) if you want quiet go for a hks silent can:) i had one on my gt4 and it was too quiet so i replaced with straight thru buddyclub....

C

CaL

lol 2" IS a tad small but it does the job....dunc i do agree a 2.1/2 inch system would be better.....remember i have no experience with this.....of just what im told and read....but even i(me!)can guess that it will be more restrictive than a 2.5"....imagine running 100 miles then stopping and breathing through a straw....i haver no problem with it though.....

99glanzav

Banned
dont start mate, for fuck sake. on a stock ct9 it is fine.

it is fine but its not getting proper flow,you have modded a few bits and left a small exhaust?,no point half doing the job,just my view,whos starting,calm it...i just said 2'' was restricting you(which it is)so pipe down

Rory

Lifer
Most of the Jap systems are 2.25" bore, not 2.5" (just to be picky)

Back to the thread, unsure weather it would be good or bad.
If it had a silencer in there somewhere then you should be ok......ish.
Ill be going front mount as soon as i ihave everything else done.

GTti

Member +
lol 2" IS a tad small but it does the job....dunc i do agree a 2.1/2 inch system would be better.....remember i have no experience with this.....of just what im told and read....but even i(me!)can guess that it will be more restrictive than a 2.5"....imagine running 100 miles then stopping and breathing through a straw....i haver no problem with it though.....

I truly think that your posts should be deleted until you've learnt compose a sentence. It'd be for your own benefit.

dac69er

Super Moderator
it is fine but its not getting proper flow,you have modded a few bits and left a small exhaust?,no point half doing the job,just my view,whos starting,calm it...i just said 2'' was restricting you(which it is)so pipe down

i cant afford it at the moment mate. my money tree doesnt seem to be growing as well as yours!

steveep82

Member +
2" system will flow 300hp ive been told. On topic, my front exit is 2.5" with one box which has a 2.5" internal bore and sounds like a normal system until you hit boost, then its like a low flying jet aircraft...