front passenger side caliper locking on whilst driving

matthews512

Fresh Recruit
as the title says my front passenger side caliper keeps locking on whilst driving after it brings the car to a complete hault i have to bleed some fluid out of the caliper on the road side to be able to move again, the car has had a new brake master cylinder a new brake servo a new brake pipe an new brake flexie and a new caliper and has been bleed multiple times now i dont know what else i can replace or even try to resulve this problem but it is becoming a real issue now any help would be greatful. Thanks Tom

dark_knight

Member +
If it's only the front LHS one then I would presume the issue is only on that circuit?
- Does the car have ABS?
- If so then is the pump OK?
- Is that brake flexi OK?
- Is the caliper/carrier setup at that wheel problem-free?

matthews512

Fresh Recruit
No there's no abs and yes i thort it could have been the old braided line so i put a brand new hal line on and yes it's also a new carrier and caliper but problems still there

dac69er

Super Moderator
Take the caliper off the caliper and get someone to gently push the brake pedal. the piston should come out, don't go too far. One it has come out, use a g-clamp or similar to push it back in. It should go back in with little resistance.

Try that and report back

matthews512

Fresh Recruit
The problem started when I had the master cylinder and synchro done but don't see how the could cause one caliper to lock on :s