fuel hose size??

Glanza_cl

Member +
what size fuel hose do i need? i done a search but couldnt find anything.

I have a Sard kit and want to replace the lines with new braided lines.

I have a feeling it's 1/4 6mm is that correct??

Glanza_cl

Member +
lol i don't have a clue, i would take off the fuel line and have a look but i would have to de pressurise the line then fuel would still leak everywhere so thought it better just to ask lol

Glanza_cl

Member +
ah ok cheers for the help.

now i just need to find the best place for braided hose at a good price :)

edit: i would rep but it says i gotta spread the love first lmao!

Glanza_cl

Member +
had a look on ebay nd yeah prices seem pretty good but just weary of the quality.

xbox is sweet just been killing it on the new nazi zombie level on cod5 she nu numa or whatever it is lol

djurny

Member +
dont know if its the same on an ep82, but on my ep80 i had to use 7mm hose from the solid fuel return line coming from under the car to the fpr (with 7->8mm adapter inbetween).. from there onwards i used 8mm as my fpr has 8mm hose fittings :)

lanxter

Member +
from what i remeber it was 8mm, make sure you get some good brand ones as ones i gotfrom halfords kept splitting all the time.

ChrisGT

Member +
My FSE wanted 8mm, but I only had 7mm. Squeezed them on with a bit of boiling water - nice tight fit! lol

yeh its 8mm but the return line is 6mm at the pipe that comes out the bulkhead i think its return to the tank not sure but its definatly 6mm

djurny

Member +
yeh its 8mm but the return line is 6mm at the pipe that comes out the bulkhead i think its return to the tank not sure but its definatly 6mm
exactly.. i used 7mm there.. its the fuel return line to the fuel tank..
do not use 8mm there as if it slips, you're in deep .. trouble :)

sorry to hijac the thread but im looking to put a fuel pressure gauge into 1 of the fuel lines do i put it into the hose coming from the fuel filter or the 6 mmhose coming from the rrfpr