fuel pressure

dan-gt

Member +
Good mornining all,
my boost controler is still set to run 0.8 and 1 bar on a td05, does anyone no what kind of fuel pressure i should be setting my sard regulator. i want to make sure its ok to drive it to raceline in halifax as its a 90 mile drive for me :(.

GP82

Member +
What kind of management do you run? I would opt for a base map first before doing any kind of driving let alone a 90 mile journey untuned, this will be a very quick way to ruin your engine. If you decide to drive 90 miles to your tuner you need to first confirm that your off boost, part throttle driving is catered for and i would forget about coming on boost! Safest option would be to take the car on a flatbed or someone with a recovery truck to transport your car to the tuner.

dan-gt

Member +
will not be useing any management untill it gets there, as that is the reason for it going there to drop the injectors in and fit and map car, and having it transported there is not a option ! i have contacted 3 local companys and they are asking for silly money to take it to tuning developments or raceline

Rory

Lifer
Standard ECU, injectors and FPR (if you have it still) or turn up the pressure a bit and drive it there sensibly

dan-gt

Member +
Standard ECU, injectors and FPR (if you have it still) or turn up the pressure a bit and drive it there sensibly

Yes still have my sard rrfpv fitted in car. and belive me the car will be taking a steady drice there. i wouldnt be spending all this money to risk any damage on way there ! the reason i ask about pressures is i would be really pissed if any damage was caused for the sake of a 2 min job to wind the fuel pressure up from 3 bar to 3.4. i hope you all understand where i am coming from

Rory

Lifer
Yes i do see where you are coming from but if your going to run the std ecu and injectors until its mapped then 3 bar of pressure is more than enough.