fuel pump trouble

tonygt

Member +
I just recently put in a td 255 walbro in a week ago and my car seems to of died down in power it's between 40-80 picking up quick enough then the other day put new plugs to resolve no joy then had a td fpr put on and put that to 3 bar and same still. I have spares here 3x over so not a problem for that it just feels held back like pulling something behind me .. Last post thread I said 2 bar sorry 3bar just don't get what's going on with it arghhghh .. Pls help someone

Last edited by a moderator:

dac69er

Super Moderator
if you fitted a new pump and then the car seemed crap, why not refit the old pump to prove its the pump instead of replacing other parts????

i imagine you would want more fuel pressure than that, did you get your fuelling checked when you set the fpr?

tonygt

Member +
I personally think it a doggie pump from day dot but if fairly would it still work and give pressure at front 3bar not ok for this was ok before pump fpr and plugs also change thermo to lower set one from td

tonygt

Member +
Does it really need set up also was happening before fpr went in week after and plugs next day but still same..

dac69er

Super Moderator
yes, you will need it setup. you cant just stick it on and guess the pressure .if you set it to 3 bar it will most likely be safe on a stock setup.

if you think the issue is the pump, then change the pump and it should be sorted. replacing other parts wont help

tonygt

Member +
It's like I go to put foot down just feels like n/a turbo too late to kick in cause revs gone over to high o get tubby power back