Fuel pump wiring

Morph

Member +
Just been checking my car since it blew up 2 weeks ago and found that since it threw a rod that there no feed to the fuel pump when you turn the ignition to pos 2 and didnt think this was normal does anyone have a wiring diagram poss or even an idea of where the fuel pump relay is as ive checked thru all the fuses and there fine ive checked the efi relay and that has power to it but im bit stumped where to go now without a wiring diagream to be honest :(

dac69er

Super Moderator
if you have a GT. open the glove box and look up to the dash support bar. mounted ontop of that is the fuel pump relay, its green i think.

and no, as far as im aware the fuel pump doesnt prime when you turn the key to position 2. neither my ep82 nor ep91 do it.

Morph

Member +
Oh right ok mate ive got a ep91 so dint know if there was a dif and im sure it used to prime but could be my mistake as its been nearly 3 weeks since i drove the dam thing.

dac69er

Super Moderator
Oh right ok mate ive got a ep91 so dint know if there was a dif and im sure it used to prime but could be my mistake as its been nearly 3 weeks since i drove the dam thing.

mine is a uk ep91 so may be different, but i cant see them just making the glanza prime the pump and not any other model.

Morph

Member +
Ok thanks mate ill have to take another look tommorrow when im back at work as thats where the cars being stored at the mo im sure it used to as its got a walbo pump fitted and was quite loud but could just be my imagination. This is why im after a wiring diagram as that should show up when its powered up but i dont know where its poss to get one from.

weeJohn

Lifer
Open the diagnostics plug and link out B+ and FP, when you switch the ignition to position 1 the efi relay should come in and the fuel pump should run. That will check the pump is ok.

If it does not then the fault could be the 15A efi fuse or efi relay.

If it does run then but not in normal circumstances, then it will probably be the circuit opening relay. But I dont think this relay will close until you engage the starter, then it only stays on for a few seconds.

The fuel pump relay circuit can usually be found on the ecu diagram. This is for an EP82 but it should help you out.
ep82ecuwire1.jpg

ep82ecuwire2.jpg

Last edited:

Morph

Member +
Ok thanks alot for that mate ill try and take a look at it tommorow or over xmas if i get a chance as just seems odd how it does prime at ign pos2 but thats cars for you and do you know where the circuit opening relay is poss?? Im sure this diagram will help and ive checked the feed to the efi relay and it has both feeds to it so guess that could mean the circuit opening relay could poss be at fault or maybe a broken wire somewhere??

weeJohn

Lifer
I dont know for sure about the Glanza, but in the UK EP91`s there are 2 relays behind the glove box that might be it.

If you remove the bottom panel that holds the glovebox, there is a small rectangular black relay on the left side, low down. I have also seen one under the lip of the dash on the top right side behind this panel.

I think its position varies from year to year

Morph

Member +
Ok thanks for your helpmate ill give that a go and let you know what i find. Rep awarded.